Student Media Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Student Media Group Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Student Media Group

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Student Media Group in May 2016.

Interview

Found a list on internships at my college. Expressed interest and was contacted by an employee at SMG. Then I had a skype interview with the second guy in charge and finally a phone interview with the CEO. Be prepared to talk about yourself a lot, answer questions about your values in life and be able to do a quick sales pitch regarding their product (student planner). The process will take about 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who thinks planners are pointless and everyone uses their phone/laptop to keep track of things nowadays?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Student Media Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and came in for a group interview. Process was straight forward and everyone was very nice. Come prepared and do your research. Overall process was positive and not that long.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE).

Interview

I received a call within a week of submitting my application and had a phone screening, phone interview, and two in person interviews. I found the entire hiring and interview process to be absolute stand-outs. I felt as though the company was genuinely trying to learn more about me and what I could bring to the table in a way that made me feel relaxed rather than anxious and nervous. The in person interviews were FUN and truly made me want to work for them even more than when I first applied. It was so much more like having a conversation than management grilling and judging me.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was what theme song they would play for me if I were a pro baseball player coming up to bat!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a very interesting process. Taking a very short amount of time, with a quick offer after 2 phone interviews. The office culture was cold calling, and leads usually just hung up.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you are involved in in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not take it.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

it was a group interview, which was cool and i was very comfortable with it and it definitely prepared us for the type of work we were doing. got to know others i would be working with and was able to tell how well we would be able to work together

Interview Questions

• I'm going to give you a letter, you describe yourself using a word that begins with that letter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Media Group (Newark, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

Application followed by a brief phone call to screen candidates. Lastly a phone interview with regional manager. Phone interview lasted about an hour. Got a call back the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions

• Gives you a three prong statement and asks you to describe each prong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.