Student Painters, LLC Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Student Painters, LLC

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Student Painters, LLC

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (High Point, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then two sit down interviews. Both were laid back. It was very personal and they start with a phone interview then sit you down with a regional manager or vice president for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Student Painters, LLC

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Bloomington, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial call out meeting and very casual, then a professional 1v1 typical format interview followed by a phone interview. They were always very personable and not too strict to a format but they basically covered the general strengths/weaknesses and tell me about yourself guidelines. I was quick to hear back and move through the process. There a lot of mandatory meetings for trainings and stuff that they don't specifically tell you about. Throughout a lot of things kind of get sprung on you as a branch manager that I found to be sneaky and schemey, but ultimately it made me a lot more confident with business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a problem and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC in September 2014.

Interview

First round interview with a mid-level manager was nice and easy. Half hour duration on campus intended to get to know me, explain more about the program, and determine if I qualify for a second round interview. If they want to pass you on for a second round they'll give you three previous interns' phone numbers with directions to call and ask three questions. Pro-tip: management consults with the previous interns who give feedback based on your call, so make sure you have above average phone skills and excellent questions prepared. Feel free to call the manager who interviewed you with questions or advice, they are eager to help you succeed.

Second round interview is with upper-management; either 1on1 or 2on1. Think of the second round as an opportunity to sell yourself to upper level managers (vice president, sometimes even the owner) rather than a traditional interview. They will still ask the typical questions, but they really want you to explain why you are a good fit for the company and what you'll bring to the table.

It is truly an awesome internship, good luck!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about your resume, your general background, with maybe one or two behavioral questions sprinkled in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process. First, you would attend a information session. From there you were selected for a first round interview - and then finally from there you would be selected for a final investors meeting the the VP.

Interview Questions

• What is your "Why"? -- Why do you NEED this internship to reach your goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews after being selected from a group info session. Was quite rude and confrontational in the interview process using insults to insinuate that I was not competent enough for the job. Asked open-ended questions with only one "right" answer and even if I gave them said answer they'd act like I didn't. Frankly quite a unprofessional interview atmosphere

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me if I wanted the job. I said yes. They said it's either a no or a hell yeah.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an email from Student Painters about an information session. I attended the information session and let them know I was interested. I then was invited to an interview with a District Manager. (Manager of Branch Managers), and then selected from that interview process to the regional manager (over the state of Ohio). After that interview, I received a call a few days later letting me know I had been offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Dayton, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a former employee that came in and talked with one of my classes. After signing up and receiving an email, I met for an information session that they explained what I would be doing over the summer. I interviewed with the Regional Manager and then moved onto the General Manager for the final interview. After those interviews, I was hired as a summer Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been in that you were faced with a challenge and overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Athens, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Ir's a two step interview process. Each interview was a one on one interview. They were fairly easy. You are interviewed by an executive manager. He grades you more on his own perspective of your potential to run a business rather than your past experience and interview.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have with business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

there were two formal interviews and there were no surprises it was pretty basic. They asked a lot of questions about what you think you should do in a certain situation and expected an answer that positively set you apart from the others. Very friendly atmosphere and mostly wanted to see if you were a good leader who could manage a team. Also, their was A LOT of cold calling and going door to door. (not my kind of thing).

Interview Questions

• what leadership roles make you the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Painters, LLC (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. They are most interested in how hungry you are to succeed and your people skills. Management experience helps but is not necessary. Sometimes the first interview is more casual, but I would suggest wearing a tie to both. The second interview is in front of two or three people and can be a little intimidating but it's not too bad.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to succeed?   1 Answer