Stylight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stylight Interview Questions

Interviews at Stylight

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved an initial Skype interview once I submitted my CV and cover letter. After this you are then sent a creative task to complete focusing on the content marketing campaigns Stylight work on. After this I had a face-to-face interview in the London office. This was then followed by another Skype interview with Brand Marketing and PR senior management and I was then invited to their HQ in Munich to meet with two of the Founders/Managing Directors. The interview process overall was completed within 3 weeks which was a positive and I felt very well looked after throughout the entire process by the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Who would be the first three people I would call to let them know I had been successful?
      What is the business model for Stylight?
      What is my biggest success so far in my career?
      Which publications are my main press contacts?   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online after hearing good comments about the company from current and past employees.

The first step was a friendly conversation over Google Hangouts with the HR manager. The conversation was mainly focused on the motivation, previous experience and about getting to know more about the company and the team.

Afterwards, I was sent a technical challenge which I should solve within a timeframe. It consisted of two coding tasks and one architecture / systems design problem. A couple of days later I got invited to a face-to-face interview with the Head of the team that I would join and the Lead Engineer. The interview was relaxed and very interesting, they were interested in hearing about my previous experience and my motivation for joining Stylight. Also there were several question regarding my solutions to the technical challenge.

Finally, I was invited to an interview with part of the management team, in which they gave me a good impression of how approachable they are and how it really matters to them who joins the team. The same day I also had the chance to meet for coffee with some team members, which was very nice and casual.

A day after the last interview they sent me an offer, which I happily accepted. From the first talk with HR until the offer it was about 3 weeks.

Overall I'd say it's one of the most pleasant interviews I've had. The HR Manager was very helpful at every point in letting me know what's next and what to expect, and everyone I met seemed friendly and happy to talk to. Personally, it is really important that it is not just about a fit in terms of skills but also a cultural fit, and everyone I met reflected that.

Interview Questions

• Two coding tasks and one architecture / systems design problem. Justify your solutions.   Answer Question

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

4 interviews: one screening with HR manager, one with a CTO, another with a VP. All by Skype. The next round was at the company HQ in Munich. I had lunch with some team members representatives, then 2 rounds with interviewers working in pairs: VP/CTO and then the business directors. People were so friendly and the climate was really relaxed. I did not succeded, but it was a great experience. Seems to be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience, how to solve some usual situations with team work in an agile environment, and questions to see how the candidate fits regarding their company culture.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved 4 steps:
    * HR Interview (via Google Hangout)
    * Offline Data Science Tasks
    * First on-site Interview (with 2 persons: VP and an Engineer)
    * Second on-site interview (with 2 persons: CTO and one of the Co-founders)
    During the whole process, I got the opportunities to talk to a bunch of people (10 people), get a feeling of the working atmosphere and get a handful of informative answers to my multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• The offline tasks was rather challenging, something I found quite enjoyable. These tasks involved applied mathematics exercises and one practical data analysis task.

The different interviews were interactive and open discussions. The questions weren't the typical interview questions that one get asked frequently.
      One of the most interesting questions that I got asked was: What is one negative aspect of you that we should be aware of if we hire you ?   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight.

Interview

I applied online as I was living outside of Germany then. The whole interview process took about 7 weeks. It was smooth and the people involved were quite responsive. After a series of interviews, I got an offer from the company but I declined it as it did not match my salary expectations.

Following is the general outline of the interview process, in this exact order:
    CV Screening (probably) -> HR interview -> Assignment -> Technical interview -> Meeting with the team -> Management interview

I received an e-mail from HR regarding my application. We had a chat for about 40 minutes and after that, they sent me an assignment. For the assignment, they provided all the necessary things which made me focus on the core part of the assignment only. After that, I had a technical interview with 2 people from the team which took about an hour or so. Sometime after, they wanted me to meet the team and then as the last step, I met and talked with two of the C-level executives.

Overall, it was really great. I honestly enjoyed every single second of the whole process. People were amazing and honest. I did not feel like an outsider during the interviews. They did their best to adjust themselves to my schedule. They listened to me and gave genuine responses to my questions.

Java Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stylight.

Interview

- Applied online through the company website

- Had just one pre-interview with HR.

- Included questions about my education, past experiences and about the company.

- The interview was relaxed.

- Never got a chance to do any tasks/exercises.

Backend Developer (Java) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stylight.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I received a reply on the same day for a Google Hangout interview as a first step in the hiring process. The interview was conducted in the following 2 days. In the following week, I received a reply stating that they have chosen other candidates who meet the job requirements better.

Interview Questions

• The duration of the interview was 10 minutes, with general questions. The most emphasized question was "What do you look / What attracted you in our company?"   Answer Question

Backend Developer (Java) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received an answer as quickly as in two days with an invitation to the Google hangout interview with the technical recruiter. The interview was smooth and positive and focused on my interests in company and qualifications in general.

Afterwards, I was invited for a technical interview with one of the senior engineers. He was very friendly and respectful. The interview was full of questions and discussions on the technologies/concepts/tools I learned in my past jobs. Additionally, I coded a few small programming tasks in the language of my preference. The interviewer pointed out that I could also fit for one of the open positions and suggested that they should consider me for that one too, which I agreed.

As a next step, they gave me a few programming tasks to consider me for the other position and I sent them the answers over the email after two days.

After that, I had an interviews with one of the founders. He asked me questions on my past experience as well as a few things in my CV. Moreover, he explained the company's vision and goals and gave me feedback on the programming tasks I solved.

Next, they invited me for a lunch with the team in which I was considered to join. It was very insightful in that both the team could get to know me in an informal setting as well as I could ask them questions on how they work.

After a few days, I received an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• In coding part of the technical interview, tasks like reading data from somewhere and doing basic checks and transformations with it.   Answer Question

Intern Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

Stylight has a great HR-team, they are very friendly and always helpful. They make sure you are feeling comfortable, which made the whole application procedure enjoyable.
    I had two skype interviews and one interview at the office in Munich. All the interviews were nice and they helped me to get a better idea of the internship and the company. Of course I had to answer several questions, but in a nice way.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stylight.

Interview

The hiring process was a little bit too long in my opinion. After I have applied i received immediately an email. Afterwards the recruiter invited me for a video interview and sent me some technical exercices. That was much fun, but also tough because I had only a few hours to do the task Then I have been invited to another interview. Unfortunately the company had chosen another candidate. Anyway, it was much fun and I enjoyed the interviews. I liked it that if I had some questions they always answered me very soon.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were a little bit tough because I it was quite difficult to explain them so theoretically.   Answer Question