Subaru of Indiana Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subaru of Indiana Automotive Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive (Lafayette, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

1. Application

Applied online at www.subaru-sia.com

2. Simulation Testing

Performed physical simulation testing that was broken into (2) two seperate components. Each test is timed and applicants were allotted exactly (1) one hour to complete each component.

3. WorkKeys Assessment

Completed (4) four cognitive assessments. Each assessment is timed and applicants were allotted exactly (1) one hour to complete the "reading for information" portion, (45) fourty-five minutes to complete the "workplace oberservations" portion, (1) hour to complete the "locating information" portion and (45) forty-five minutes to complete the "teamwork" portion.

The assessments were conducted at the local WorkOne Reach Center in Lafayette and results were forwarded to the employer post-assessment. A score of (4) four or higher was considered "passing."

4. Interview

The group interview was conducted at the adminstration bldg on the SIA campus. A representive from HR and Production were both present to present a various set of questions and provide a comprehensive overview of both the position and Subaru.

5. Background Check

SIA required a signed disclosure and release form to authorize Vericon Resources to perform a "consumer/investigative background report".

6. Drug Screen

Drug screen is done on site by SIA medical personnel. Collection type and method of analysis are unknown at this time.

7. Orientation

8. OTJ Training

9. 120 Day Probationary Period

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive (Lafayette, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, why do you want to work here, are you able to stand for 10 hours a day. You talk about your previous jobs and what they did to help you make a decision to come to SIA.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive (Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was working through a staffing agency in Chicago and they set me up on an interview. I had gotten an interview with SIA earlier but I turned it down (the interview) because I was looking for something closer to home. The second time I thought I would try it out since nothing else was working.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions what do you know about this company and what makes you a good candidate also knowledge of cars.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive.

Interview

I inteviewed with a panel of three people. Including human resources and managers of the department I was applying for. They asked usual background questions along with situation questions that would come up in the position. They will ask what your grade point average point was from college even when I had been out over 10 years

Buyer/Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive.

Interview

The first interview was very direct, and wasted no time getting to know me and my experiences. Two people interviewed me the first time, and then a larger group came to see me for the second interview. While somewhat stressful, SIA has a very efficient hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, apart from suggesting a yearly salary.

IPC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive in October 2014.

Interview

Two Stage Interview:

Initial Phone Interview : To confirm availability and set up an on site interview
    Final On Site Interview: Conducted by 3 people. The Manager, HR and Specific Group Leader.

The HR focused on behavioral questions. Asked by each and every class/ experience. Asked about Strength/ Weakness. Scanned the resume, lots of talk about previous experience.

The Manager: Very broad, overall position explanation. Some technical questions and discussion about the processes etc

The Group Leader: Discussion regarding average day at work, time management, reliability, independence etc

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive.

Interview

You have to apply through a temporary agency (physical test, aptitude test, drug screening, background check) and you work for several years before you can be fulltime. Once you are accepted, you will train for 2 weeks at the start and learn two jobs. You then are offered the opportunity to be hired, based on how long you have been there and evaluations that are done by your group leader. You will go through a physical evaluation, blood work, and they will look at your evaluations. You are also given another background check and then interviewed. If everything is ok, then you are offered a fulltime job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not any negotiating for this position

Mfg Eng Body Process Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive (Lafayette, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

It started with emailing back and forth with an associate in human resources. I went in for an interview with the associate from human resources and the manager of the department that i would be working in. All contact was very professional and my only complaint is that they did not pay for my travel expenses to travel to the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was "What is a my biggest weakness?" This question is very popular and always seems to stump whoever it is asked of.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subaru of Indiana Automotive in February 2010.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with HR and was then asked to come in for an interview with the rep and a production manager. Questions were basic and open. I was then asked to stay and fill out a behavioral test which also had intelligence questions and math questions. I was then asked to go to the final interview with the VP of Productions (I think). The questions were a lot tougher. Overall good experience and a good company!

Interview Questions

• So, tell\ me about yourself.

easy question, but it can blindside you if you aren't prepared.
      Answer Question