Subsea 7 Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Sutton, London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to the assessment day in Sutton following my online application. The day was very well run and split into 3 parts - presentation & interview, commercial task and a group task. My interview went well, the interviewers were friendly and encouraging and all questions were fair, nothing out of the ordinary. I felt the commercial task was not explained very well, and expected too much from such a diverse mix of candidates. The equations werent set out to us and overall it wasnt very clear. The group task was enjoyable, however, i did not understand the need for there to be about 15 employees observing us and the task didnt allow everyone to always have something to do. The company very nicely pay for your travel to the assessment. I was unsuccessful and I am awaiting my feedback, which the company have disappointingly taken over 2 weeks to get back to us.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Once I completed the online application process, I was invited to a telephone interview which primarily consisted of competency based questions and lasted around 30-35 minutes. Around a month later I received a phone call from a member of the HR team and I was offered a summer placement with the company.

Graduate Engineer-Graduate Programmer, Aberdeen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and no interview was carried out before the assessment centre day.
    The assessment day is held at Subsea7 office in Aberdeen. It is a really beautiful campus and the facilities are outstanding.

Interview Questions

• There is first a presentation about the company and how the day is going to be divided. They split us into gruop of 8.
      I had first a face to face interview with one person from HR and the possible future team leader/ manager. Before the assessment day I was asked to prepare a 15 minutes presentation about my final year project and potential opportunities for the Oil&Gas market and Subsea7. If you are invited to the assessment day, you will receive information about it
      Anyway, for the possibilities of SS7 focus a lot on how they will affect SS7´s values.
      I was a bit disappointed cause no questions were asked on the presentation. They probably just want to see your presentations skills.
      The interview was followed by approx. 1 hour presonality question.
      Describe a situation where you had to use your technical skills.
      Describe a situation where you led as an example.
      Describe a situation where you overcame a technical challenge.
      Describe a situation where you act as a leader.
      Basically all the classical behavioural question and some questions about how you take decisions and plan.
      After this I had a group exercise were we have to plan a route to extract as much gold as possible. It is a bit tricky and the difficult thing is to coordinate a group of 8 people. They look if you have leadership personalities and you are able to cooperate (more important).
      After this we had a technical questionaire about Oil&Gas activities. Example of questions were:
      -which factor should be considered during laying of flexible pipes-
      -which factor to take into consideration when choosing the materials for a flexible pipe
      Everything is related to design and you should focus on safety and costs beyond a bit of technical knowledge. The more you know about pipe design, the better :)
      That is it!   Answer Question

I got another graduate programme

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Good, but hurried due to operational constraints. Friendly personnel from HR. Tough questioning from senior management. Phone communication was good and email communications were excellent. Full discussion on cv, and historical experience was carried out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Human Resources Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Subsea 7.

Interview

Internal Recruiter contacted me. First interview with manager and recruiter followed up by senior manager. Scenario based questions as well as CV discussion

Interview Questions

• Scenario regarding need for mediation and also long term sick question relating to work place depression   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Firstly was a CV and cover letter with some questions to answer online. Then I received an invitation to an assessment centre which consisted of a group task, interview and technical questionnaire. Day was made to feel relaxed and not to much pressure put on me. Everyone was friendly and was impressed by facilities.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questionnaire had nothing to trip you up but you had to use your engineering knowledge to answer and just to think about the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Call of offer and told about benefits.

Cost Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

This was initially dealt with by recruitment team, much like an agency they were clueless. It was odd given that I'd applied a number of times before and then got offered yet another interview despite having just signed a contract. The interview was short and informal, there were no difficult questions. Shambolic comes to mind.
    The job details were vague and I should have realised they didn't have a clue what job role they had in mind

Interview Questions

Negotiation

got a phone call, they offered a salary I deemed acceptable.

Vessel Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial interview on site with HR and new manager, very convivial and friendly; I found it easy, nothing difficult, but I enjoy talking about myself, knew I was qualified, experienced and had done a lot of research and preparation, (who wouldn't?). This was followed by an informal interview one to one with the next level of management.

Interview Questions

• 1 question on Classification Societies, but I was able to cover it. No trick questions; on reflection, as I'm trained in interviewing and did a few years selection interviewing, I thought the panel did too much telling/selling and not enough quizzing me and I had to find ways of dropping in my skills, experience and evidence that I'd thoroughly prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a guaranteed promotion at existing job with a new bonus scheme, so I was able to ask for that. I negotiated up twice on salary, but only got 1 escalation, but also ago car allowance. There is a superb benefits scheme, salary sacrifice, industry leading pension etc

Structures Coating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

I got thru the telephonic ,exhibited company knowledge and answered some technical questions.A three panel team interviewed me in Aberdeen.The interview was very technical,which i dint expect.It was like telephonic 2.0 on a deeper scale.