Suburban Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suburban Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.6

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital.

Interview

Met with 3 people. Director, manager, and a doctor. Interview was not very long. lasted approx. 20 mins. very basic and generic questions. nothing to complicated or tricky. paid for parking.

HVAC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital (North Bethesda, MD).

Interview

First you meet with an Human Resources manager then you will meet with the whole team of senor technicians and two managers. After the group interview letting you know that you can get 32k no higher, they give you a visual tour and visual test of Air handlers and equipment. Overall my experience was not as impressive as anticipated.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between R22 and R410a?   1 Answer

Community Health Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital.

Interview

First contacted by HR and that was great, however the in-person interview with the department was odd. They were more concerned about who I knew and whey connections I had on the Montgomery County community rather than my actual experience. The majority of questions asked were random and not job specific. I was also interviwed by the people I would potentially manage which was weird. I haven't heard back from the Hospital, however I am not interested anyway.

Interview Questions

• Name the individuals you worked with at your last job, name all the coalitions you were on and the names of people on the coalition (not organizations but actual people)?   Answer Question

Epic Implementation Golive for MD Anderson Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital (Upper Marlboro, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Done by Skype, by an Epic expert who lived in the tidewater area. Felt very comfortable and relaxed, non intimidating. There were probably 10 questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital.

Interview

There are different recruiters for the job you want: Nursing Recruiter/ Allied Health Recruiter. They Will not use your Military experience unless your resume unless you depict DIRECT patient care. MIlitary leadership roles (LPO, NCOIC etc...) does not translate over. HM3 is still just anCNA unless they have an LPN then they are just an over experienced CNA.

Interview Questions

• HOw do you manage conflict?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital.

Interview

Apply online. Interview with HR. Interview with director and nurse manager or unit. Wait a few days. They called me back in a week and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. They just ask you your goals, your experience, why you want to work here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suburban Hospital (Bethesda, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

With Suburban Hospital, I was contacted to phone interview initially by HR. I was told the person I was going to interview with would call me at a certain time, and they did not call until much later, which was no big deal, I got back to them and we had our phone interview. I phone interviewed and the phone interviewer set up a 1:1 interview for the following week.

I went and the interview consisted of interviewing with the manager at her office and then driving a few miles to the main hospital for a 1:1 with the HR rep that contacted me initially. The first interview did not consist of me answering too many questions, but the manager telling me about the position and asking questions related to the position, followed by meeting the staff at that location. The interview with the HR person consisted of behavioral questions involving hypothetical scenarios, nothing super hard to answer, but thorough and honest answers are required. They will ask you questions about how you react to working with diverse populations, people in different cultures, stressful situations with families getting upset with you, how you handle respecting patient's privacy etc.

Both interviewers (manager and HR rep) were two of the friendliest, most professional people I have ever come across and it was nice to interview with them, not nerve racking. Especially HR, they are professional, not uptight at all, and they make you very comfortable. This is nice, especially for a nervous applicant, like me. Suburban paid for my parking for each interview and for the following health screen, which I thought was classy. Also, the HR interviewer offered me a chocolate, and encouraged me to be comfortable, which I loved.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in a situation where you had to perform a blood draw and the patients family was a different culture than your own?   1 Answer
    • Do you value privacy of patients you run across having access to their personal information? Discuss this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We talked a little about salary in the interview because this position is not worth the same amount of money in MD as it was in the state I moved from. However, I really felt that they tried to make a fair offer, and I didn't haggle at all. Suburban offers a great benefits package (not just health insurance, but discounts for certain other things, like car insurance), and you can always work hard and get a raise.

I should note, my offer was rescinded after I accepted because of information in my background check. The problem was not that I did not disclose the information initially (which I did not, because the application did not require me to provide such information), but regardless of that, it affected the position for insurance reasons (there was driving involved in the job and my driving record is flawed). The HR department was as nice as they could be about rescinding the job, they told me they understood, but they were just not in a position to offer me the job anymore because of policy. They did tell me that I was still fine to reapply for positions involving no driving, which I would absolutely consider in the future. Suburban seems like a truly great company to work for and I'm disappointed I'm not going to work for them.