Subway General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Subway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

One in person interview with owner. He seemed pretty understanding. He explained his "no call/ no show" ploicy, it was very relaxed. The owner is also a district manager. He takes great pride in his restaurants. He doesn't like to hire people that have worked at other Subways. Honesty is very important to him. If his employees leave before they have worked for him for one year, he sees their employment as a failure.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the most important: Honesty, (Punctual-Reliable), Hardworking, Friendly?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Anonymous Employee in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Grand Blanc, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

This is a franchise business. I applied online and was contacted within 1 week by phone. I had first interview at franchise headquarters with the director of HR. The interview was about an hour in length and covered my experience as a GM and led into how I would deal with particular circumstances such as employee theft, high food cost, steps to control labor, disciplinary procedures, and so on. Preparing a good number of questions for them is always recommended for things about their company. IE what is the growth potential, what are the benefits offered, what is a typical day for the position your applying for. The office was very nice newer building, with friendly staff whom appear to be well trained. After my initial interview I returned a week later for a second interview with an area Manager who basically asked the same questions and seemed to be getting a feel for me. Nothing all that different in the second interview. I was contacted a week later with a formal offer which we reviewed, agreed to and now I am currently still employed with this company.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was not fully prepared for was "What steps would you take if your are not in the black on your P&L statement?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a reasonable offer by this franchise and did not negotiate for more. I feel that the offer was right on target for my position and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two step interview process, met with store owner both times. One week apart, fairly easy interview process and questions were straight forward. They were looking for somebody who could balance employee management as well as the normal day to day operations.

Interview Questions

• While dealing with daily employee oversight, how do you handle other management related tasks such as customer experience and controlling food cost?   Answer Question