Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

201 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (East Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had applied and within a few days got an interview. I went in and there were atleast 10 others getting interviewed. Finally it was my turn. The lady interviewed some guy and myself. She asked what we want to do here, how can we contribute, and how can we satisfy customers.
    She saw that I had put down on my application that I was going to start college soon and she shut me down real quick asking how will I do it to work and go to school. How can I put effort into working at subway while having to do school work. She said herself I don't think this job is meant for you. Horrible lady she looked so tiny and innocent...yeah right.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Laurel, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

I came in the manager went over my application with me she made sure I could handle the tasks she went over rules and regulations and told me what would be expected of me she gave me my shirt hat and apron and told me what day and time I would be starting it took about 20 mins

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work on your days off if needed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL

Interview

I got called in for an interview. I was there 10 minutes early. I didn't even have a proper interview. I was asked to fill out a paper application and then go home and do an online one. I did both and never heard back. Waste of time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online took a month then got a call back for an interview. The interview was about 10min easy questions talked about hrs available and situational questions. After told me I would get a call back but never heard back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (El Paso, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day to set up an interview, was interviewed the following day by a manager. Was interviewed at a different Subway restaurant than the one(s) that had openings. The manager told me Subway's moto is to 'fire fast, hire slow'. He told me he would make a decision by the next day, but this was not true, or else he was reluctant to tell me I didn't get the job. I called the next day and the day after that; the next day he said he hadn't made a decision yet and that I could call again the following day, and the following day he wasn't there and another employee took down a message and promised the manager would call media back. He didn't and I sort of got the message that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your last job? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you observed another employee do something unethical, and how you reacted.   Answer Question
    • Who are you as a person?   Answer Question

Sandwich Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Cortland, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I went online to apply for a job, about a week later I got called and asked if I want to come in for an interview, I sayed yes. Then I went in, filled out a paper copy of the application, for their use, then I did a face to face interview with the Operations Manager.

Sandwhich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had to wait a little bit for the interview because the store was full with customers. I think I came off nervous and the manager was able to make me feel more relaxed. I was told to call them a week later if did not get a call back and was told I was a strong candidate and to call back later. Whenever I called they told me to call back later.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, Monroe, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Brighton, Monroe, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor and received a text about two weeks later, asking when I would be available to interview. We set up an appointment for the next day. I came in and politely told the workers that I had an interview with (Insert Name Here)*. He and a new assistant manager both came out to interview me and explain life at Subway.

*It is important to remember the name of the person

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours and what is a way that you have learned to deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Took a long time. About a month after i submitted my application i finally got an interview. Before that I went in to follow up many many times. The interview itself took a little while, some generic questions some tailored for the position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Palm Coast, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called the store, and was offered an interview. I was interviewed by the manager, who was very kind and asked me some basic questions, as well as some more creative questions (what type of fruit would you be?). I didn't receive a call to confirm or deny if I got the job, as promised, which I thought was unprofessional.