Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017
1,171 Interview Reviews

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, sat down with one of the managers and went over the job requirements, my background and my goals with the company. Questions were fairly standard for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway in July 2017.

Interview

The application and interview process was very simple. I applied online on July 25th and got the job a week and a few days later. As for the interview questions, there is no reason to worry because the questions are not hard at all.

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Summerville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy, I was hired on the spot just after a couple questions and filled out some paperwork. The interview was held at the dining area, and the manager was pretty laid back and casual. You can dress casually but it's best to still look nice and neat. They aren't looking for experience or any particular skills other than being friendly and willing to learn. Overall, probably the most simple interview I've been through.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (El Paso, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day to set up an interview, was interviewed the following day by a manager. Was interviewed at a different Subway restaurant than the one(s) that had openings. The manager told me Subway's moto is to 'fire fast, hire slow'. He told me he would make a decision by the next day, but this was not true, or else he was reluctant to tell me I didn't get the job. I called the next day and the day after that; the next day he said he hadn't made a decision yet and that I could call again the following day, and the following day he wasn't there and another employee took down a message and promised the manager would call media back. He didn't and I sort of got the message that I wasn't hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your last job? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you observed another employee do something unethical, and how you reacted.   Answer Question
    • Who are you as a person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Subway (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was hired by the wife of a husband/wife franchise team. She asked me 2 or 3 simple questions. I told her my EDD was almost up. (BIG MISTAKE!) She seemed very austere and told me to go home and look over a sandwich worksheet she gave me and study everything on it. I had 1 1/2 days to study it. I came back that Friday and passed it. She then assigned me to work for her husband and said i'd be working at the Merle Haggard store as soon as I was trained.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Subway?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway in June 2017.

Interview

Applied in person 2 weeks before getting the interview. Went for the interview and explained my school schedule since I would be working during school. The manager told be that she has had issues with people abusing her kindness for phoning in and not showing up for days. She said she would only accept a doctor's note if employee needed the day off. All she asked was about availability.
    I was offered a second interview but declined because I got a better job that worked with my schedule.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Long Beach, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A little intimidating but not that bad, They hire pretty much everyone they interview. The manager and the guy ahead of the manager interviewed me. They make you wait a little bit but still arrive early and wait patiently.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Subway (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and received a call to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was pretty straight forward and they asked me questions like my age, if I had a diploma or GED, if I had reliable transportation, etc. I was hired on the spot and started work the next week.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

It is very casual. You sit down on one of the tables in Subway and ask you several basic questions such as your age and if you ever worked at Subway before.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes we get a lot customers that line up to the door, how would you handle that stress?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

- no interview for me since all of my sis worked there
    I ended up working for subway since my sisters found a job of their career path.
    I was trained at subway for a week and i stopped going since i learned everything and they were not paying for training. I learned everything in a two days and i started to work as a employee in training time but i did not get any pay.