Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
1,046 Interview Reviews

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Terre Haute, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The lady was incredibly unprofessional. She brought me in with other people interviewing and stuck us all at different tables. She harassed me about my disability and humiliated me with personal questions. When she would ask me a question I would give my answer, and then she'd give her own answer for the question. She bragged about harassing customers and kicking people out of the store. It was disgusting.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a bad customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Augusta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule an interview the next day. I went in a few days later and the interview was just the manager saying he was "cleaning house" and hiring "replacements" so it wasn't exactly typical, or hard to say the least.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I put in a application the next day the manager called me in for a interview. She told me the days and hours that I'll be working. She told me what my job is working at subway.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied around 5am, called to check on my application management told me he would look at my application. I was called back a few hours later the same day (Interview was scheduled). Interview was basic and he made sure he wrote down my responses. He was pretty reserved but I didn't feel uncomfortable like other interviews. I was called a few minutes later to schedule orientation. I really needed a job to get back on my feet. God Is Good.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike?
      When was the last time you went out of your way for somebody?
      Why do you want to work for subway?
      What is your availability etc?
      Where have you worked...school etc?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I submitted an application and the owner just asked me if I was available, I started a couple days later. All i needed was a food handlers card. It was a subway attached to a truck stop.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online, and I got a call to schedule an interview a few days later. Interview lasted about 10 minutes, and I was offered the job right then. The questions were all fairly basic, many of which were a reiteration of things I that were already asked on the application, like availability and previous experience. Afterwards I was asked to schedule training sessions.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application and the owner asked if I was available, answer a few questions, took an easy online course for a food handlers card. I started a couple days later.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. The owner (franchisee) told me a lot about the training etc. and what would be expected. Very informative about the Subway business. But he could not give any clear salary guidelines. I'm looking long term after training, a year down the road, and I wanted to know if all went well what kind of salary window would I be looking at, ball park. he would answer that. Makes me think it will be too low for what I'm looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Dublin, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Questions were simple and straightforward. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Interviewer seemed genuinely interested in me. He was attentive and listened to what I had to say. I was surprised to receive a phone call from them and be hired that same day.

Interview Questions

• Why Subway?
      What qualities about myself would make me stand out from other employees?
      What are my long term/short term goals?
      What is my availability?
      What prior experience do I have?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy. The interviewer reassured me that I would receive a phone call sometime soon. He was very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Amherst, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later got a call from the manager asking to come in the next day. She was really desperate to find someone since she never has a day off so the interview was very short and I got hired on the spot. She promised me 30-35 hours/week so we'll see how this goes