Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,184 Interview Reviews

1.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Palm Coast, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called the store, and was offered an interview. I was interviewed by the manager, who was very kind and asked me some basic questions, as well as some more creative questions (what type of fruit would you be?). I didn't receive a call to confirm or deny if I got the job, as promised, which I thought was unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After submitting an in-person application, they called me immediately to set up an interview, which took place the same day. It was a very simple interview, with two questions: "What are you studying in college?" and "Do you have customer service experience?"

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Have to read, write, basic math, watch labor, food costs and manage other staff, stay on task, abkw to sweep, mop and run a cash register, wipe tables, prepare food ahead of time, make sandwiches, folliw policy and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Fill out a math calculation, experience of management is required   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

It was a very easy interview asking questions about several customer service related scenarios and your experience. It was a bit weird to have other employees their during the interview without being explained why. I wasent sure if they were training to be an interview or if they were just there to be there

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Subway jobs represent first for the employment opportunities for many but applications should take care to maintain presentable and professional attitudes throughout the subway hiring process. Greet each interview moderator with a smile and a courteous handshake or gesture. Show enthusiasm for the fast foot industry

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a fast food restaurant before?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a Speech impediment   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation   Answer Question
    • Can you work quickly in an assembly line   1 Answer
    • Are you able to get nice work pants   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Garland, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a text from the manager the day after I submitted some applications, went to interview that day. Restaurant was dirty, the manager took a long time to get to me and seemed pretty tired. Basically tried to tell me how difficult the position was to see if I was up for it. Waiting for the call back.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

It was quick and to the point; more of a desperate attempt to hire someone right away. I had to wait for the other interviewers for the job in line to go first.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your social security card? Or your food handlers card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Kokomo, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was the shortest, most lazy attempt at an interview I've ever seen. I suppose an easy job is what most people expect from a fast food restaurant. For a teenager looking for a first job, or an adult in a rut it was very easy to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Redlands, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

She called me and set up an interview at one of her location I walked in and she had my application in her hand and basically all she asked me was if I was available all the time if I wanted a lot of hours and then told me I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Do you want a lot of hours? Interested in a crew lead position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Elk Grove, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You come inside the store and sit down and wait for the manager or owner and then sit down with them and start talking and they ask you questions and you answer then you go home