Subway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

I was asked if i coukd the following: cut vegetables, baked bread, clean floors, clean bathrooms, take out the trash, work the register and greet customers. Wash tables, inventory. East job to get - entry level.

Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Greensboro, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a simple interview. What's aggravating is they need a second interview but its taking them a week to figure that out. They just asked why i want to work there and what my availability was (which Im pretty sure the availability was collected in the application). It was not a difficult interview but it was an aggravating one to say the least.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Clackamas, OR) in June 2007.

Interview

Emailed my resume and offered interview. Basic customer service questions asked. Hired on spot.

Management Interview

Interview

promoted from within. Was approached by upper management and asked if I would be interested in a promotion. I trained as assistant manager for a few weeks and then went to their management training classes. After completion of the classes you move on to a manager training store where you work for up to 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Not much to worry about it’s easy just be yourself and don’t over think it. Many questions were basic interview questions just base on situations. No mathematics questions. Don’t be nervous and think questions through then answer. No need it to be perfect

Interview Questions

• Why are you the perfect for this job?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Went to a hiring event. There were 3 managers there. They were very nice. Overheard one asking another applicant to tell him why he had left his previous job and the guy refused. That's when I knew I was a shoe-in. I had nothing to hide. They want customer service oriented people. Don't need to have a lot of experience, although I did but they are willing to hire younger, inexperienced people.

Negotiation

They start everyone at the same rate for the same level that they are hired at (or so they say) but promise you can move up quickly if you are willing to work,

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidman, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Sidman, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Short face to face is best.i told her that I'm a hard worker and always on time very dependable person who you can count on.i do my best at all jobs I'm experience at and asked to do.i M always early .I always cover for others.i also work eight to ten days in a row because we are short staffed.sometimes all day . because manager don't want too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Madison, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

One in person interview with owner. He seemed pretty understanding. He explained his "no call/ no show" ploicy, it was very relaxed. The owner is also a district manager. He takes great pride in his restaurants. He doesn't like to hire people that have worked at other Subways. Honesty is very important to him. If his employees leave before they have worked for him for one year, he sees their employment as a failure.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the most important: Honesty, (Punctual-Reliable), Hardworking, Friendly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Grand Blanc, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

This is a franchise business. I applied online and was contacted within 1 week by phone. I had first interview at franchise headquarters with the director of HR. The interview was about an hour in length and covered my experience as a GM and led into how I would deal with particular circumstances such as employee theft, high food cost, steps to control labor, disciplinary procedures, and so on. Preparing a good number of questions for them is always recommended for things about their company. IE what is the growth potential, what are the benefits offered, what is a typical day for the position your applying for. The office was very nice newer building, with friendly staff whom appear to be well trained. After my initial interview I returned a week later for a second interview with an area Manager who basically asked the same questions and seemed to be getting a feel for me. Nothing all that different in the second interview. I was contacted a week later with a formal offer which we reviewed, agreed to and now I am currently still employed with this company.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was not fully prepared for was "What steps would you take if your are not in the black on your P&L statement?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a reasonable offer by this franchise and did not negotiate for more. I feel that the offer was right on target for my position and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two step interview process, met with store owner both times. One week apart, fairly easy interview process and questions were straight forward. They were looking for somebody who could balance employee management as well as the normal day to day operations.

Interview Questions

• While dealing with daily employee oversight, how do you handle other management related tasks such as customer experience and controlling food cost?   Answer Question