Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Subway (Casa Grande, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday and received a call for an interview 4 days later. Interview was pretty easy. The manager interviewing me was very nice. However I was one of her first interviews she's ever done so she was pretty unprofessional about it. I thought it went fairly good, she said she liked my personality and how I'm smart. I knew the types of questions that should have been asked thanks to this site, and from past interview experiences, but since she was so new she kept saying "there's more I need to ask but I can't remember." She said there was another interview at 10:30 but that she would call me later and let me know. Still never received a call which bummed me out, but overall the experience was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied online Monday night, got a call a Tuesday morning, scheduled the interview for Wednesday morning. Manager asked a bunch of questions and scenarios, was told to apply at gas station online to run background check since the subway is inside a gas station. Once that clears, I should be good to go :)

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult customer not satisfied with order   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informal, barely asked questions mostly talked. Asked about my previous work experience and how many hours I'd want to work. Talked about having to work weekends and asked if I was ok with closing. I applied Monday, got a call Tuesday and scheduled interview for Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Did I have previous job experience?   1 Answer
    • How many hours would I be able to work a week   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Holland, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was early in the morning and very nice. It took around 20 minutes and I received a job offer on the spot, with some details about when orientation would be (typically the following work week) and when I would start once orientation was completed. The boss was very cheery and asked good questions and seemed to have a sense of humor and I really enjoyed the interview. I was asked when I prefer to work (morning, day, or night) so there is some room for scheduling preferences, since they recognize not everyone is a morning person when that means showing up at 6AM and some people are dozing off by closing at 10PM. Overall, the interview was very nice.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

Hardly asked any questions. Did not feel like a hardcore interview. Was conducted in the subway restaurant. Was very easy an low pressure especially given it was my first job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in the food service industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The owner of the store called me and questioned me about availability and set up a time to meet his manager. Interviewed the next day and was offered a position via phone that evening. Job was OK but very unprofessional. Too many personal questions. Owner chewed me out excessively over mistake in procedure during an inspection after only working there for a little over two weeks. One coworker was extremely careless about leaving the safe unlocked. Several times I walked in back to find the back door wide open just 10 feet from the desk with the safe pull sitting unattended on the desk. Really?!

Interview Questions

• Are you married?   1 Answer
    • Can you text me your SSN so I can get you in my system?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I waited over an hour to be called in for the interview, then was asked 3 questions and never called again. The lady forgot I was even there and I had to wait over an hour. The lady said she would call me back the next day to continue and never called again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Mobile, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Entered the store, manager was making sandwiches because there was a line i waited and then we sat a table started talking.
    She asked me to say something about myself. Then told me that she did not tolerated tardiness or drama in the restaurent. She asked me what hours i was ready to work at , asked me if i had any question then told me she would call me later.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely unprofessional. The manager was eating lunch during the interview. She asked only one or two personal questions like why do you want this job. The rest were just things on my application so it was very easy to answer. Told me she would call on Sunday if I got the job. She called Monday night so I guess I was last choice. All in all it is a franchise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Marion, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Waited 20 minutes for the manager/owner to even show up. Asked simple questions it only lasted 5 minutes. Basically the subway I applied for is very slow and I would have been working by myself and 4 hour shifts. I declined after finding out that.