Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

1.6

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied online Monday night, got a call a Tuesday morning, scheduled the interview for Wednesday morning. Manager asked a bunch of questions and scenarios, was told to apply at gas station online to run background check since the subway is inside a gas station. Once that clears, I should be good to go :)

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult customer not satisfied with order   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informal, barely asked questions mostly talked. Asked about my previous work experience and how many hours I'd want to work. Talked about having to work weekends and asked if I was ok with closing. I applied Monday, got a call Tuesday and scheduled interview for Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Did I have previous job experience?   1 Answer
    • How many hours would I be able to work a week   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

Hardly asked any questions. Did not feel like a hardcore interview. Was conducted in the subway restaurant. Was very easy an low pressure especially given it was my first job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in the food service industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The owner of the store called me and questioned me about availability and set up a time to meet his manager. Interviewed the next day and was offered a position via phone that evening. Job was OK but very unprofessional. Too many personal questions. Owner chewed me out excessively over mistake in procedure during an inspection after only working there for a little over two weeks. One coworker was extremely careless about leaving the safe unlocked. Several times I walked in back to find the back door wide open just 10 feet from the desk with the safe pull sitting unattended on the desk. Really?!

Interview Questions

• Are you married?   1 Answer
    • Can you text me your SSN so I can get you in my system?   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely unprofessional. The manager was eating lunch during the interview. She asked only one or two personal questions like why do you want this job. The rest were just things on my application so it was very easy to answer. Told me she would call on Sunday if I got the job. She called Monday night so I guess I was last choice. All in all it is a franchise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Marion, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Waited 20 minutes for the manager/owner to even show up. Asked simple questions it only lasted 5 minutes. Basically the subway I applied for is very slow and I would have been working by myself and 4 hour shifts. I declined after finding out that.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online. Then 4 days later went in to ask the manager what the status of my job application was. He said he hadn't looked at the application but he would and he would give me a call. 2 days later he gave me a call and set up an interview for the next day. I went in then got hired on the spot. The interview process was very simple and not as professional as most interviews which made it less stressful.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Terre Haute, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The lady was incredibly unprofessional. She brought me in with other people interviewing and stuck us all at different tables. She harassed me about my disability and humiliated me with personal questions. When she would ask me a question I would give my answer, and then she'd give her own answer for the question. She bragged about harassing customers and kicking people out of the store. It was disgusting.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a bad customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I submitted an application and the owner just asked me if I was available, I started a couple days later. All i needed was a food handlers card. It was a subway attached to a truck stop.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application and the owner asked if I was available, answer a few questions, took an easy online course for a food handlers card. I started a couple days later.