Subway Sanwich Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Sanwich Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at Subway

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Irvine, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One with a genera hiring manager for UCI food services. The second was with the location manager at subway. He ended up not being able to show up, so I was interviewed by the location manager of another location. It went really well. I was asked several scenario questions

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but something along the lines of how would you handle a situation where there is a line and you are the only person available to help customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiable phase for this job.

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Sanwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

They took 3 weeks to contact me, it was ridiculous. I had to call them in order to set up an interview, It was incredibly demeaning and disrespectful. They initially offered me the job then forgot!

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Fremont, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I went in and found the owners of the Subway there and asked if they were hiring and if they had time to sit down and talk with me. We sat down and they asked me the basics like if I had any experience and what I would do in various situations. I'm sure each owner varies in their interview process but the people I talked to were easy going and they were desperate for employees so I started the next day.

Sanwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and the day after I got a phone call asking for an interview time. I went in for the interview and was offered the job contingent on a clear background check.
    Asked about my availability and told me that 6 people had quit the previous weekend.
    -How would you handle a difficult customer?
    -Are you a team player?
    Then he let me know that if minimum wage wasn't good enough, what I could do to get a higher wager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer? This question was difficult because the interviewer just talked about how he would, and then changed the subject to starting my training the next day without letting me answer.   Answer Question

Sanwich Artist Interview

Interview

I applied here back in 2012, so my information may not be relevant now that they economy is better. I am only filling this out to have access to Glassdoor since I am a student without employment history. When I interviewed, they were doing a mass-interviewing session at a mall and were interviewing over 30 people for 3-4 positions. The questions were pretty typical ("Why Subway? Who are you/What is your background?", etc.).

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty typical of what you would expect for a minimum wage job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Eugene, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Casual, met with owner and discussed past job experience and availability. Manager appeared to be looking for someone who could work all shifts, morning, afternoon, and late night. Manager gave a walk through 'behind the scenes' of the restaurant and was up front about his staffing needs. Explained that most of his employees were students at the University and that homework was allowed as long as all work was done. Second interview was with the owner and the manager, also a student. More formal than first interview but offered job on the spot at the conclusion.

Interview Questions

• How have you had to deal with a difficult customer in the past?   Answer Question

Sanwich Artist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and received a phone call about a week later. Came in for the interview and only sat down for a few minutes. Manager only asked my availability and transportation. Although clearly stated on my resume, manager was apparently not aware until later that this was my first job.

Sanwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

i got an interview call from manager after I applied this position on kijiji. He gave me an interview for half an hour, asked some simple and basic questions. It was not very hard.

Sanwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Just sat at a table got offered a drink. The interview was very informal and i was given a lot of information. interview lasted about fifteen minutes and then i got invited back for a trial.