Subway Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Shift Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Subway

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Des Moines, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy, especially if you already have had Subway experience. 90 percent of the time, you get the interview, then you've got the job unless they see something in the interview that makes them not want to hire you, in which case you will know for sure you won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do truck order?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Depends on experience. I went from one owner making 9.50 to another owner making 10.25 based on my knowledge and length of experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Salem, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

You and the manager sit down and he asks you some questions. They are all common sense questions where the answer is in the question. A majority of them are ethics and integrity questions. They will ask you if smoke or do drugs and that your answer doesn't mean you will or won't get hired, its a lie. Tell them you don't smoke, even if you do. Subway has zero tolerance for smokers. They are all about promoting their healthy image.

Interview Questions

• There aren't really any difficult questions, they will ask you hypothetical questions like "What would you do if you saw a team member stealing?"   1 Answer
    • "Do you think its okay to make yourself a free sandwhich?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Angola, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Angola, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

the employer called me after viewing my application and we set up a date and time to meet to discuss employment. we sat down at a table in the restaurant and the employer ask me a series of questions about my previous jobs, and what i had in mind for this job. he was very easy to talk to, i felt i could explain myself freely. my previous experiences in the working field had intrigued the employer so i ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• how long do you expect to keep this job once you are hired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

we negotiated salary. i have alot of experience in this position, so i let him know how much i was making and i wouldnt leave my other job unless he could offer me more.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Very basic questions, it was more of personality based. What you about business, have you been to subway, what you feel about working at subway. What improvement you can bring, what are your suggestions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual (inside the store at a booth), and Michelle, the woman who interviewed me, was very nice. She seemed very impressed by my availability. When I walked up to the counter, I asked one of the sandwich artists if they were hiring, and she leapt out of the back room shouting "YES WE ARE". The interview itself was not very structured, and flowed fairly easily.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks for their sandwich extra toasted (and you do so), it ends up coming out a little blackened. The customer complains that it is too toasted. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sebewaing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Sebewaing, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I went online and applied. A few days later I received a phone call for an interview. I went in and was asked the basic questions like why would I be a good asset to the company and things of that nature. I was hired on the spot. That day I did tests online there. They are not very hard at all. Then I was given a day to come into the restaurant and complete subway university which shows you how to do everything after I started working that day and was trained for a week.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. A good thing to have in mind for when/if they ask how you handles a previous upset costumer or something of that nature. It shows you can handle upset costumers and things like that.   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The hiring process was simple in that you apply via paper application and then have a brief interview with the owner of the establishment. He will discuss what you will be doing on the job and possibly show you who you would be working with. At the interview they would explain the uniform and schedule set up.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was unhappy with the product or service?   Answer Question