Subway Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at Subway

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Subway (Mechanicsville, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I walked in and they did an in person interview right there. They were professional and I got hired on the spot. I was told to dress perfessional and to be 15 mins early. I drove and had my interview at a subway I didn't apply to but they wanted me to work at after I got the job. I was also told that I would have to complete classes before I started called Subway University. That was pretty time consuming.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest weakness in your last job that could relate to this one?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I came in and the hiring manager said she was going to hire me in the first 5 min. She printed papers and had me fill them out. The next day I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• what is your Number one rule?   1 Answer

Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway in April 2018.

Interview

Well I did two interviews in all for this company and the first one was more difficult than the other because I wasn't prepared and I was super nervous and didn't answer the questions correctly but the second one went by fast all I had to do is be confident and have all my paperwork ready such as: food handlers card, work permit, and resume. Overall I got the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Long Beach, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I arrived 5-10 minutes early dressed business casual. I interviewed with both the manager and the assistant manager. I was asked a few questions and hired on the spot. I was told to call the manager in a few days to follow up if I hadn't received an email. I did follow up and the manager was never available to speak with me. I had did everything that the manager had asked including getting the Food Handler certification and purchasing the slip resistant shoes. I called the manager several times and no answer. She never returned my calls so I instantly knew something wasn't right. After the interview she had requested that i return to the location the following week to complete paperwork. I showed up at the location and she while she was there, she was not available to speak to me (go figure!). She had told an associate to tell me to call back later. Keep in mind that she is only scheduled in the mornings. I believe that communication is key and if they went with another candidate or there was a hiccup in the hiring process then that should have been communicated to me. What is so hard about returning a phone call especially when the manager hired me on the spot, gave me instructions and even their cell phone number to follow up with them? Instead the manager ignored my calls and avoided me. It was the most unprofessional hiring process I have ever experienced.

Anonymous Employee in West Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Subway (West Miami, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Short and to the point. Didn't ask many questions. And did the interview over the phone. Called lasted maybe 5 mins. The easiest interview ever . I would only recommend this job to kids still in high school or college only needing to make spending money with no real responsibilities. This job is deff not for anyone with responsibilities or kids

Anonymous Employee in Dunn, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Dunn, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

very basic, basically looking for friendly and dependable. There was an initial interview with the area manager, and then later I met with the manager of the locations where I was to be working. Her questioning was mostly about dependability. Didn't seem interested in anything else. This is the nature of working in the service industry. This was the easiest interview, I was polite, and showed I was eager to work. There really is nothing to it.

Interview Questions

• can you come when we call you?   1 Answer

Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Subway in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and checked off 5 places to apply to. After about a month, one of the hiring Subway locations called me and asked if I could do an interview that same day, so I agreed. The interview was scheduled at 4:45 but I showed up at 5:20 because I could absolutely not find the place, but I called before hand to let them know. The manager was very understanding and kind. As soon as I got there, I made a joke. I said "Alright, ask me about my strengths and weaknesses already because my weakness is directions!" and she laughed and all was well. She then proceeded to ask me about 10-15 questions about myself, which I answered. Just be kind and lighthearted because they want someone who they could see themselves working with. At the end of the interview, she said she would call me and let me know whether I got the job because she had interviewed a lot of other people that day. Before this, I had no real job experience but she called to offer me a job the next day!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself as more of a leader or a supporter?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get out of working for Subway?   1 Answer
    • How many days of school did I miss in the last school year? And why?   1 Answer
    • How do I deal with angry customers?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out on a limb for your team?   Answer Question
    • What type of workers do you not get along with?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever started something, and halfway though, realized you didn't want to do it, and quit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't gone through the negotiation phase yet, however, coming from a place of no previous work experience, I'd gladly accept the $9.25/h minimum wage. If you would like to negotiate, let them know what financial place you're coming from and how a bit more money would help you out. :-) Good luck!!

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was not long, at most 4 minutes, it was just me and the manager and she was friendly. There wasn't much formality to the interview itself, I was still expected to dress up (given) but the interview was more like a friendly conversation. She didn't try much to ask to personal questions, it was just weather or not you feel you would fit and if you had reliable transportation.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I interviewed at Subway (Evansville, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Basically they ask you everything you put on your application to verify it. They ask you where you would prefer to work as well as how they can contact you and if you're a team member/leader. Just the typical interview stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Alpine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Alpine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and then waited a couple days for a call. After about a week I called into the store to ask if they had reviewed any applicants and I was told they were getting to it. About another week later I came into the store to ask to speak with the manager and she said that she hadn't looked at my application yet but was willing to conduct an interview. I happened to have my resume in the car so I brought it in and we sat down to interview. She asked me a few questions and then told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit?   1 Answer