Subway Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Subway Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at Subway

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Syracuse, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Placed an application in store and received a phone call to come down for an interview. Interview was informal to talk over work history, to talk of availability, and when I would be able to start training.

Interview Questions

• Math questions for figuring out change for money and calculating the amount of mayonaise to put in a mixture of tuna (the formula is given).   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you had to show up late to work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. Thay asked you some background questions. They give you an overview of the position and the pay rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. They hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Subway (Ruston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked simple questions. Nothing difficult

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Subway (Edgewood, NM).

Interview

The franchise owner contacted me directly after my 3rd application. I felt it was because I addressed the manager on shift by name since we had attended school together when I turned the last one in. Referrals meant a lot which usually meant quality workers were hired.

Interview Questions

• Will you be available to be called in on short notice? - Only difficult because I was told years later that I was so agreeable, she couldnt believe it was true and i actually followed through on all positive answers to questions. She was convinced I wasnt being wholly honest   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first job. I did not negotiate pay but accepted as it was

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

They thought I was well qualified after talking to me since I was a hard working student. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when there are no customers around?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't expect much, they want to play you minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Subway (Fontana, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Questions

• Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The interview wasn't hard at all , they ask a few questions mainly focusing on my schedule , if I went to school and the days I needed off.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year? I wasn't sure if they wanted me to say as a manager at subway or my true intentions of making money and using them as a stepping stool for something better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I interviewed at Subway (McKinney, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The subway interview that I had gone to was ridiculous, they had 15+ candidates all sit in the restaurant section and did a group interview! No organization was present and the person "ran out of time" so multiple canidates sat there for an hour and didn't get to talk and told myself and two other applicants to leave.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions in this interview session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Okeechobee, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I was taken into the back kitchen in the day of the "interview", and was told to make a customer's sandwich. That was my interview, and training all in one. Next was vegetable preparation. There was no formal interview, but i don't know if that will be the case for everyone who applies.