Subway Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

1.8

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redruth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Redruth, England (UK)).

Interview

I have applied online, then received a phone call and had a phone interview. It was pretty standard got enough information about the role. Then I was invited for a face to face interview, that took place in the middle of the store with the regional manager and the store manager. Being in the customer area made it feel really unprofessional and uncomfortable, also the whole process seemed a bit too much for the role it self. They tried to make it look more then it is really. They wanted to invite me for a trial shift if I can make sandwiches... So I didn't go as the whole interview process was just too much for a simple role like this.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a member of staff calls in sick and it is your day off?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Subway (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went to my college's job fair for an interview, met with the panel, showed them my CV, got contacted the next day via text with an offer. Very quick process!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Subway (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the manager of the subway at the end offered a trial shift whereby depending on my performance I would get a job offer. The interview was in the food court and i had to show proof of my citizenship so i provided my passport.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

There was no interview other then a basic phone conversation, I was the one who constantly had to make the contact, Very unprofessional sounding manager and It was a 2 ish hour trail shift, unpaid.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Casual and quick. The manager looked through my CV but we mostly talked about the aspects of the job and what employment with them would be like. It was only after a trial shift (6 hours) that the manager offered me the job. They wanted someone who would be efficient and could stay calm under pressure, especially during lunch rush hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous catering experience?   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway in February 2017.

Interview

After handing in a CV I was asked to return the next day for an interview. The interview was 1:1 with a store manager and quite friendly, focusing on customer service experience, reliability, the nature of working nights and my availability for shifts. The experience was very smooth, and I was given a decision at the end of the interview.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Had to wait for an hour and a half from my scheduled time to be seen, only to complete a 5min paper filling process. No apology for the lateness from the manager, though the team members seemed to feel sorry for me for having to wait for that long. I don't know if that is standard practice for them, but I wasn't asked a lot to do with the role, just my availability, I had to find a way to try and speak about my experience but the manager didn't seem at all interested.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Brighton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

applied online, was sent an email the next day asking me to come in at 2pm. When i went in the next day the manager wasn't even there, so an employee had me and another boy fill out a form with our details and told us to come back for our first shift the next day. easiest job interview ever

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subway (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

Sat in the subway restaurant with 2 other people and waited to be called then sat at a table with the interviewer and was asked questions nothing difficult said they'd let me know if I was successful within 48 hours and I wouldn't hear back if I wasn't successful didn't hear back.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Subway (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was fairly simple process. Saw the job vacancy on store window. Went in, had few talk about what time I am free and stuff like that and was offered to work as a trainee for few days.