Success Academy Charter Schools Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Success Academy Charter Schools Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Success Academy Charter Schools

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied to the lead teacher/Elementary teacher on their website. After three days I received an email to set up a phone interview. This took a few days more waiting on a reply for an actual date & time. Their phone call was not on time.

Interview Questions

• The person asked: What makes Success different than other Charter Schools out there?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Success Academy Charter Schools

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in October 2013.

Interview

Group Interview, Teach back to adults. Very easy and simple. We were asked to break down a poem and ask questions so that scholars would uncover the main idea through your questioning. It was simple and fun, nothing to be worried about.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, very straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent me an offer letter and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by 15 minute demo lesson to classroom of students.

Negotiation

No negotiation for me - first year teachers are always paid the same amount (more for having MA)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked the usual questions about experience and educational philosophy, then do a demo lesson. During the demo, make sure the students do not move an inch unless you tell them too. Classroom management seems to be more important than your actual teaching.

Interview Questions

• "There was a student picking her nails during the discussion and you didn't stop her. Why?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked at Success Already, so I can't speak to applying through the website. I spoke with a recruiter briefly on the phone, who invited me to an in person interview.

I participated in a group interview with about 10 other teachers interviewing for science and lead teacher roles.

We each taught a 10 minute literacy demonstration lesson provided for us by Success, for which we selected our own book. We interviewed with a recruiter and a school leader, and then debriefed our demonstration lessons in small group, where we received and gave feedback from school leaders and other teachers interviewing. Feedback was around both management and expectations, as well as instruction.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked us about how we collect and assess data, our teaching philosophy, and our commitment to the dual mission at Success.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

It was long (4 hours) You are asked to prepare a lesson which is pre selected, you watch videos, you take notes and answer questions about the videos. You give your demo lesson. They give you "feed-back" and ask you to change your lesson based on the feed back and do it again. Then you have a small break, then your 1 to 1 and you're finished.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of how to you receive feed-back (criticism)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Intense interview process. The organization seeks to learn more about you and the the way you handle pressure. Be prepared to think through situations. It's a group interview and a lot of things will be simulated as if you are at a school working with a team of teachers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

A group interview, no individual interview, and did not call references. I applied online, participated in a group interview, had to perform a scripted lesson, and received a job offer within the week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First I had a Phone Interview. Next, there was a Group Interview. Finally, I went in for the Final Interview. The experience was good and if you feel comfortable in that environment, you will be very successful.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience where your team failed and how you handled that failure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They gave you a poem and you had 15 min to do a lesson plan with members in your group. After that you and your group members have to teach the interviewees about the poem. You will get feedbacks from them. Talked about your own lesson plan and asked them questions. They will let you know in a week.