SuccessFactors Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SuccessFactors Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SuccessFactors (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very poorly arranged with HR continuously changing scheduled interview dates. Some of the panel discussions was good, but one particular person was very arrogant with not much in depth knowledge but slyly smiling more to prove his technical superiority.

After wasting one full day at their office, no more communication from them even courtesy rejection letter was not sent.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SuccessFactors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SuccessFactors (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

There was no Telephonic interview.

The office had a fairly dull look. There were people eating at their desks, and employees were sitting cheek-by-jowl, perhaps there were space constraints.

Two Rounds of Face2Face interview, one after another. 30 minutes each.

DETAILS
    1. Both the interviews were conducted by one person(different) each.
    2. The interviewers had come prepared with questions in mind.
    3. There was almost no question based on my resume - they did not read the resume.
    4. Almost all questions required writing code on paper.
    5. The questions revolved around solving some programming problems.
    6. The first interviewer spent a lot of time thinking what question to ask, and seemed to be in a hurry. He was unable to explain the questions properly. This was really disappointing as i could not really gather what he was looking for.
    7. Overall if you answer ALL their questions correctly, only then expect to be selected.
    8. Overall interview experience was not good mainly because it appeared like a pre-written script, there was no discussion, no attempt to understand anything more than - DO YOU KNOW ANSWERS TO FOLLOWING 5 QUESTIONS OF OURS.
    9. The reason for this PRE-WRITTEN SCRIPTED interview in my opinion was that - the interviewers were not very knowledgeable, or they were disinterested or had poor interviewing skills.
    9. At the end of first round - i was asked if i had any questions. I asked the interviewer to explain the answer to one of the questions. He provided an answer - but it was not correct(in my opinion).
    10. I left with a poor opinion of the work culture of the company based on - the office i saw and people i met.

ADVICE TO FUTURE CANDIDATES
    1. Go prepared to write java code on paper.
    2. Prepare usual basic java programming problems using interfaces, generics, iterators, jsp sessions, object class etc.
    3. The questions revolve around basics, (for me at least there were no discussions about deployment, performance, scaling, clustering, app servers, even databases - even though these were my skills).
    4. Think before you consider this workplace.

Interview Questions

• Write an Employee class which has a equals method.   1 Answer
    • Design a Chat Application   1 Answer
    • There is Array A of size N, It has unsorted random int values.
      There is a Array B of size 2N, it has Sorted int values in first N locations, and the last N positions are empty.

Write a program to copy all elements from first Array A into second Array B, such that the resulting Array B is Sorted.

What is the complexity of solution you offered (Big O Notation)
      1 Answer
    • A Person Class has name, age, salary as attributes.
      A List<Person> contains a list of Person Objects.

Write a program to arrive at a List that contains Person objects that meet a combination of criteria like - Persons of age greater than 25 and salary less than 10000 and whose names end with E. This criteria can be pretty much anything - the idea is to find a generic way of dealing with this problem - instead of coding specifically for any attribute.

Not sure if this question is clear enough - but this is what it was.
      1 Answer
    • Consider that JSP code is badly written, and developers have put lots of objects in HttpSession object. How can we find what objects have been put in HttpSession object.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SuccessFactors (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

I really liked the interview. It was for the technical position of UI developer. Questions asked were really very good. No show off of technical skill nothing plain good deep questions really liked it. Covered almost all aspects of javascript, oops, closure, Infact interview started with a discussion on closure