Suddenlink Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.4

Suddenlink Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Tyler, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

They brought me into a small room, pretty much a large closet to give me the interview. They first show your their Suddenlink commitment wall of all the things they abide by, which in my opinion really depends on the person you talk to at Suddenlink. They offered 10.50 plus commission which can be good or bad depending on the stress of the job, and how much you actually get for commission. I would have declined to offer because how controlling they seem to be of their employees. I looked around a bit too and most kinda seemed like zombies, maybe just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help a customer with x problem? x being a computer problem.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Tyler, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email confirmation, received an interview call which lasted about 15 minutes and the HR agent asked questions about my work experience and I got a face to face interview after.

Interview Questions

• How would you de-escalate an angry customer?   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Lubbock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Went in to take the initial test, it was on the computer. It took about an hour and had a little bit of everything; math, scenarios, etc. Then had the second interview with an actual person. About five questions about tech support and customer service in general. A lot of email communication, including filling out forms.

Interview Questions

• What would you do first in certain situations with customers.   1 Answer

Broadband Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Amarillo, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Within two weeks received call from the regional recruiter to set up interview
    -Set up interview for the upcoming Thursday at 11:00
    -Arrived at 10:50
    -Interview started at 11:05
    -Interview concluded at 11:50
    -When you walk in let someone up front know that you are there for an interview and they will email the person or persons interviewing you
    -They will take you into a conference room and explain the job to you before starting the interview
    -They explained to me that the training will start on August 1st
    -They said they would have someone picked by the following day.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you prevented a small problem from becoming a big problem?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me of a time you worked in a team setting?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me of a time you had to explain something very technical to somebody?   Answer Question

SUPERVISOR CALL CENTER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter called me first, she asked a few questions and requested that I meet with other human resources personnel. She sent me via email a practical exercise sheet with a hypothetical work situation and asked me to complete it and to bring it with me. I was also asked to prep for a role playing scenario that would transpire during the interview. The interview was kind of informal and at time it seemed a bit unprofessional but I played along. The questions were your typical interview questions. It took over an hour, I was told they would call me back for a second interview. They never did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What makes you qualified for this position? Describe a situation where you were successful and one where you weren't. What is your weakness?   Answer Question

BBTII Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Huntsville, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy peasy, supervisor judges your character so be charismatic. After that you will have a series of standard questions like you would have if you applied at wal-mart. (Describe a time when you went above and beyond for you're customer and how do it turn out?) The supervisor will basically answer them for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being paid in free cable and working off the clock?   1 Answer

Carrier Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Lafayette, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I interviewed with my supervisor and CAO, and we discussed the job description. I took notes of what was expected with the job and asked questions. We also discussed a little bit about the telecommunications industry as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work with us   Answer Question

Field Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Shreveport, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sudden Link
    Position: Contractor/ Free-Lance Installer
    Responsibilities: I was doing side jobs for a contractor (Cable Gain)
    On these jobs I would install 150 to 300 HD Dta convertors.
    This was free-lance work because the company and I had no contract.
    The project ended about the middle of 08/2015 due to an issue Sudden link was having with their systems.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to get the job done? Me, YES!   1 Answer

Negotiation

OK I GUESS I installed 3 Hotels, a VA hospital, 5 Anytime Fitness Gyms and 2 Dialysis centers.
    This was free-lance work because the company and I had no contract.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Russellville, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. 1st one asked a lot about previous jobs and about why you want the job. The 2nd was with the hiring manager who explained that the job was door to door and you had to work 6 days unless you met your sales quota for that week, how much it pays, and how you would sell the product.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Warehouse Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Lake Charles, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief, mostly want to see if you have common sense. The managers are usually very straight to the point being that the job isn't that complicated to do, so don't be to hellbent on answering the question to much. Simple straight forward answers will suffice.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything outside of work we should know about that will interfere with your work here?   1 Answer