Suddenlink Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Suddenlink Communications

2.4

CCR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Tyler, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

i received an email replying to my application i was sent some forms to fill out and links for Testing online. then an orientation at the office building. then an over the phone where they asked some basic common questions where they offered the position over the phone, followed by a ua assigned to a local lab.

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would take when a customer requests a supervisor.   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications.

Interview

applied online, call back two weeks later, interview took 30 min. and hired later the same week.

I'm not sure if the two men interviewing me were trying to be rude by their questions or if they just required that little, either way I applied for IT and was hired into billing which was a very stressful position due to a recent merge and it was just a mess. Either way was a layer back place to work as long as you're easy going and obviously know how to handle upset customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what and IP address is? ( serious )
      Can you tell us more about yourself?
      Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Jonesboro, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

One on one interview was great phone interview with district manager was good as well. However, the personality test is ridiculous and it will make or break you with upper level management. Those tests should not be the determining factor in employment. They are mediocre at best.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Tyler, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a few hour group interview where interviewers engaged candidates in their abilities to work as a team. Afterwards candidates were led one-by-one into a room to role-play a technical support phone call. Technical knowledge was not needed as it was a test to see how candidates did under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Greenville, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

I recieved an email from their recruiter a few weeks after submitting an application. The email gave me a time and place for an interview, which was all acceptable. I emailed the recruiter back letting them know i would be there and they got back to me fairly quickly confirming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Starting salary was 11.83, take it or leave it. They said that there was a comission plan, but did not give me the "your paycheck can be as high as you want" spiel, which was refreshing. The supervisors i interviewed with realized that as tech support your comission was not going to be the primary part of your compensation.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Parkersburg, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, call back soon. Drug test background check, driving record check. Training on the job. Personal goals, what I was seeking, work history, etc etc. Asked about work history, family life.

Sales Interview

Interview

Very quick interview process with the typical sales questions, nothing major. They are looking mainly for a warm body that can communicate well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications (Tyler, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Very thorough phone screen, then met face to face with hiring managers including a group interview with different managers in the organization. They asked situational and behavioral questions and allowed an opportunity to role play with specific situations to get an idea of how the candidate would handle aggressive or disgruntled customers. I found this very helpful and insightful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Suddenlink   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

normal interview process

Direct Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suddenlink Communications.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 8-10 days later requesting an interview. Before the actual interview, the regional sales supervisor and sales recruiter took time to talk with myself and four other potential hires about the company, what the sales rep job entailed, what the pay would be, what was expected etc. This took about 30-40 minutes total, so it was time consuming but very informative. They answered any and all questions I could have possibly thought to ask. After this, the supervisor and recruiter took each one of us back individually for an interview. The actual interview took about ten minutes and was very laid back and easy. All in all, I spent about an hour or so at the office for the info session and interview. The sales supervisor conducting the interviews was a very nice gentleman. Very positive experience and they were very quick getting back to me with the results of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything difficult. Pretty typical interview questions.They asked me why I thought I was the best candidate for the position, how I deal with stress/difficult customers, how I feel about interacting with people in face to face sales, etc. If you have prior sales experience you should definitely go into detail about it. They will let you talk as much as you want about your successful past sales experience and methods. Prior sales experience will definitely help you out if you have it.   Answer Question

I love sales...but the pay was too low for me at the time. I had just graduated with a bachelor's degree and wanted to keep my options open. Would definitely re-apply in the future if the right job came up.