SugarCRM Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Enterprise Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Applied on LinkedIn
    2. Phone Interview with recruiter
    3. Phone Interview with BDR in the role
    4. In person interview with 5 people that was 3 hours
    5. interviewed for two hours with 2 people
    6. Called me one week after final interview to tell me i got the job!

Interview Questions

• Really everyone just truly wanted to get to know me! it was great!   Answer Question

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. I had 3 rounds of interviews - first with the hiring manager, followed by two rounds of on-site interviews that involved me to speak to 7 people in total.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused more my awareness and experience in CRM   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

The interview process was multi-step, mostly conducted over Skype. This was rather different to my previous experience, but not necessarily a negative thing. I just had to get used to the idea of adding people on my personal Skype handle that I haven't even met before.
    The interviews themselves -- the ones that did take place -- were very professional and friendly. Interviewers asked relevant questions and tried to get a good understanding of whether the interviewee would be a good fit for the role in question. However, I must make a negative comment here -- as I mentioned above " the interviews that *did* take place!!!" So yes, I was scheduled to have Skype interviews with other interviewers that they neither bothered to attend nor inform me about the changes.cancellation/lack of intention to attend. Very disappointing and unprofessional indeed. This is the first company where I have had this rather strange experience of people not bothering to keep the appointments scheduled well in advance.
    The reason for a negative overall experience is that I felt Sugar should respect other people's time a bit more. You cannot schedule interviews on Skype across timezones, especially where people started their work day 16 hours before you did then showed up on Skype dutifully for the interview call, only to realize that you never even added a contact request, nor did you send ad-hoc contact request/call. The person responsible for scheduling/re-scheduling did a very poor job -- sometimes my emails were not answered for days! My current job as a professional services consultant is also very demanding with 75% travel each week. I do not like it if people neither keep the scheduled appointment nor give your a quick heads up in case of cancellation/rescheduling
    Sorry, Sugar, That's just not very polite!!

Interview Questions

• Previous project experiences, my personal technical and analytical skills, some questions to gauge the personality traits, some questions that tried to probe how well I can work under stressful conditions, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was asked about a minimum amount below which I wouldn't accept an offer and Sugar made an offer that was 15% more than this figure. I felt the offer was decent for my geographical location and also perhaps for the role. I could have tried to haggle and get a few thousand extra, but I didn't feel like doing that.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. The lead recruiter, who was my point of contact was very professional and helpful from start to finish. Initial phone screening, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on-site interview with 3-4 members of upper management. They will definitely test your knowledge of sales and the industry and you will have to sell yourself as a valuable candidate. With that said, the entire interview process was one of the most positive and organized I've experienced in this industry. Everyone from the recruiter to the vp of sales was cordial, smart, and professional.

Office Administrator/Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was very smooth. The recruiter was very quick to reply to any emails. The process in general was very quick, I just happened to be the first on-site candidate so I needed to wait for others to be considered. Great on-site experience as well which included a tour during the second round.

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Series of interviews with top executives.
    The interviews were about 30 minutes each. It can be a bit of a whirlwind, but it's good to get multiple perspectives of how the role interacts with multiple departments, etc.
    The HR department is very helpful and communicates effectively across the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I;d specifically target a market I had not previously spent much time addressing. Caused me to think out of the box, on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started as a contractor, there was some confusion as I was actually brought on at a rate less than negotiated (the HR rep I worked with left the company during the process so I think there was some confusion there); but I was quickly hired full time which gave me full benefits and more than made up for the gap in hourly untaxed rate. (Probably saved me a big tax bill in the long run!)

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then meet hiring mgr and peers of hiring mgr, next visit meet those report to the position and upper mgmt. Although they were trying to move fwd, scheduling extended the process.

Interview Questions

• Why come from a lg company doing very large deals to a small open source company with a much lower average sale revenue?   1 Answer