SugarHouse Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Poker Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received an email to set up initial interview, upon arriving it is a panel interview where u go into a room set up like American Idol show with 4 judges... in this scenario they are Sugarhouse casino Human Resources, and management, the interview is conducted with 18 other applicants and you are asked to introduce yourself and give a brief work history, once all are introduced they ask each person random questions such as..." If you were a car what kind of car would you be and why?" "If you could go back in your family history and see something before you were born what moment would you like to see and why?" "If you were stranded on a deserted island and sugarhouse Casino were to provide you with all of your food and water supplies what three essential items would you bring with you?" Those are three of the questions I remember applicants being asked you're required to answer the question provided to you on the spot in front of everybody. You are also asked to sing a song containing a "name" in it and you're required to sing at least five words to that song. After this interview process takes place with each applicant you were then advised to go into another room and some people will be asked to stay because their online applications are incomplete those that are not asked to stay to update their application are instructed they will receive an email within several days, Advising them whether or not they have been selected for a second interview. The people that were asked to stay because their application were incomplete are actually the ones that have been hired out of the group. If you were NOT told to stay to update your application you simply have NOT been selected for employment, but will receive an email thanking you for your interest in applying with Sugarhouse casino. PS. They give u a magnet in the shape of a puzzle piece, And tell you that you will receive the next piece during your follow-up interview that is never to come. I went through this process and I know people who also have gone through it whom were hired and asked to stay back to update their application so I know both sides of the story... I truly thought I did very well during this panel interview but I did not get an offer Good luck making a fool out of yourself for the entertainment of management and human resources and then they pull the wool over your eyes as you walk out the door, granted u don't get hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you were a car what kind of car would you be and why?   1 Answer

Poker Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview where we all were asked to sing songs based off a word they give you. then we would all answer a random question, mine was who was my role model, others had questions like if you were a candy bar which one would you be.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview, it was basically drama class in highschool mixed with american idol. I wasn't expecting it so i felt rather awkward. Extremely easy however if you were to know before hand what you were getting into. I hated it

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was fun and energetic. We first had to do a quick math test, that covered basic arithmetic. They separated the group in two after that; the group that passed and the group that didn't (I actually seen ppl who worked there who didn't pass the test). Second stage you play group games and they watched how u interact, then ask the group questions, panel style. Your final interview is one on one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose a super power, which one would you choose?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

During my hiring process there was a panal interview then multiple interviews with supervisors, took a few months, ultimately worth it and ended up getting the job. They are interested in a congenial personality, hard worker and open availability.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process took like a year, you will get a email saying graduations with a big yayy Sugarhouse casino interview its was a group interview about 15 people you have be creative and happy

Interview Questions

• If you was a super hero who would you be and why   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Phila, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was the most bizarre interview I've ever been to. First step was a phone screen. The second step was an invitation to an event hall in Philadelphia where we were brought to by a trolley. Once we got to the hall, we were expected to mingle with current employees while being watched by HR. Groups of 12 or so were brought into a separate room where it was set up American Idol style with three people sitting at a table that was elevated and the interview candidates were set up in a semi-circle on the floor and one by one we were asked to step into the circle and introduce ourselves. Then we each answered 2 questions posed by the interviewers. Was called back for a second on-site interview (not to mention, I was not compensated for travel) with 2 HR employees. The interview was on the patio of their restaurant on a hot day while I was wearing a suit and the two women were wearing short sleeve shirts and drinking iced tea - I was never offered a beverage which I thought was extremely rude. Interview questions were typical and not difficult. I was later called back for a 3rd on-site interview so I figured I would ask the salary question before I went back out to Philadelphia from 4 hours away - I was then told of the extremely low salary and ended the process right then and there.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel with singing songs and dancing , fun but really not worth it because panel never is really interested. They spend most of the time drifting off into La La land while you make a fool of yourself for a job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a superhero who would you be?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was entertaining. They want to know how spontaneous you can be, and if you can think quick. Completely unlike any other company. The panel seemed friendly and genuinely interested.

Interview Questions

• If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SugarHouse Casino in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was unlike any other. It's like being at a game show. There were 7 of us and we had to stand in a semi circle in front of a 3 person panel. They told us to smile because they wanted to see our personality. They asked us questions like what would your superhero name be. If you could be a car what would you be? Describe yourself in one word using the first letter of your last name. It was fun.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word   Answer Question
    • If you could be a car what would you be?   Answer Question
    • If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be, and why?   Answer Question
    • If you could create a month of the year what would it be called, and why, and when would the month take place?   Answer Question