SumTotal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SumTotal Interview Questions

Interviews at SumTotal

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and phone screened. The next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager who then wanted to move me along in the process and speak with an experienced employee. I then had a phone interview a week later with the other employee. I was not contacted again until 3 weeks later by the recruiter even though I sent follow-up emails, text message and called. I was then told by email that they had decided on other candidates but there was another opportunity. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter to discuss the other role. Recruiter did not call at the arranged time and has not communicated with me at all nor have they returned my calls. I am disappointed because I was very interested in the company and the position. It has been a very unprofessional process.

Interview Questions

• How would I feel about working remotely?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SumTotal in September 2019.

Interview

I had just a screening interview and will find out if I will be able to speak to a hiring manager on the next level. The interviewer was very pleasant, and professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SumTotal?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal in April 2019.

Interview

It was a 3 step process for me. First was with HR, then hiring manager, then on-site interviews with several people and presentation. Everyone was friendly and upbeat and felt more like colleagues getting to know each other vs. an interrogation of behavioral questions. I asked as many questions about them and the company as they did about my previous experience. I was so excited to accept when they made the offer.

Interview Questions

• I see your resume but I’d like to hear your take on your work experience.   1 Answer

Customer Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

First, I spoke with the recruiter and the conversation lasted for thirty minutes. Her energy and attitude was very positive and she left me feeling good after the conversation. The woman I spoke with is very well versed in the company culture, jobs being offered and can answer a lot of questions. Once I met with her, she introduced me to the hiring manager.
    The conversation with the hiring manager was another thirty minute phone call. Since the role is remote, all of my conversations were over the phone until the last meeting.
    After meeting with the hiring manager, I spoke with a handful of their peers over the course of two weeks. I was able to get a lot of different opinions through out the process from senior level managers to brand new managers. This made my decision easier.
    After meeting with the hiring managers peers, I spoke with the VP for thirty minutes. This conversation was very telling and I was able to get a very good understanding of where the department and company are headed. Transparent conversations are best for everybody.
    After the conversation, I met with the hiring manager in person. I pitched them myself and why I would be a good fit.
    We had a nice conversation and the next steps would be to speak with HR. The process was a little longer than expected but being that it was end of quarter during my interview, I understand. All in all, this was a great experience!

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and a day or two later I received an email to do a phone interview but the day it was scheduled, I didn’t even receive the call and she didn’t let me know that she wouldn’t be able to do it that day either. I sat around the phone waiting and got nothing. It was then rescheduled and it was pretty much talking about the position and getting to know me a little bit. After more confusion & miscommunication, I received an interview invitation. I went to the interview and it went very well. After about a month after that, I received a call offering me the job. The start date was 3weeks away which gave plenty of time to fill out new hire paperwork but I didn’t even receive that until I emailed and called about it. I wasn’t even given a time to come in on my first day. I arrived 5 minutes to 8a and there wasn’t anyone there. I’m excited for the new job but am very disappointed with the accuracy and efficiency that was sacrificed up until my first day.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

The Process began with an online personality or IQ test. Then a phone interview was next. Next was an in person visit with 3 support managers. After a week or so after that, the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty much standard questions. Nothing stood out as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

TSE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

Very simple. Got a call from HR after resume submission. Interview was set up. 3 people interviewed separately.There were very basic and the people who interviewed were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to DB, enterprise software support, call management, escalation handling, customer satisfaction related questions. There were very basic and the people who interviewed were very friendly and professional. Face to face interview was also in similar lines,   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the recruiter. After a week, we had base question. Then, another week, i was asked to have an on-site interview. There were three managers. First two would be hiring managers, one focused on behavior questions, another focused on the technical questions. After that, the head of the department gave me an interview with easy question about my experience. Never go further than that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What would you do when you face the conflict question from your customers?
      (SQL) what is normalization?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SumTotal (Remote, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months, from when the recruiter reached out to me to my start date. The recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled an interview. I then had an interview with my director and VP. The last step in the interview process was a sales presentation to the VP and two directors.

Interview Questions

• In general, they asked pretty standard questions, such as what I am looking to do career-wise short- and long-term. It was a very conversational interview process and not really a whole lot of behavioral questions. I would just say be yourself and be confident in your skills. I cannot remember anything specific to point out as far as interview questions go.   Answer Question

Client Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I spoke to 2 recruiters before having 7 interviews. The process took 3 months. Then they turned me down, only to call me back and make me an offer. The whole process was pretty convoluted.