SumTotal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SumTotal Interview Questions

Interviews at SumTotal

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

applied online on the career site. Then I received a call from HR to schedule an skill test. test was vey simple just consisted of lot of behavioural questions and then few IQ type questions. then phone interview with HR and one another member from the company. followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions

salary was very less. not even close to what others offer. I tried to negotiate and then they told me they don't provide visa sponsorship, though it was clearly written that they do provide sponsorship on the job description page.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Do web test first. The test has 2 parts, first part is for character, and second part is for logical

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. The position was for a senior software engineer. Talked with the recruiter and everything sounded alright. Then I was scheduled to speak with the hiring manager to have an interview. The process as explained to me was an initial screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an interview on site. My first phone interview, the manager called me earlier to reschedule, which I did. But then he never called after re-scheduling. And then when he finally did call, it was a totally different name/person than who I was supposed to be interviewing with. I thought I had done fairly well on this process. I then got a call back the next day from the recruiter who said after talking to me, they feel like I'm a fit for the mid level software engineer position, which I was okay with. They said they were working on creating the position and talking it over with the team and manager and would get back to me. So I waited a few days, and heard nothing. I emailed them back the start of the following week and the recruiter said she would have an answer by the end of the week. Well, a week later I emailed them back to see if they had an update, and nothing. No reply at all. From the first time the manager didn't call me when he was supposed to, was an indicator that their accountability sucks. And It's also very unprofessional to leave someone hanging mid process.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I had applied online. The recruiting manager got back to me in a couple of weeks.
    They invited me onsite and made me take a 50 minute aptitude and attitude assessment test. Following that I spoke to some of the team members with whom I would be working with. I was told I would have an interview with my manager but I didn't have one. I guess the technical was good enough.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies you are most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got a call back from an HR recruiter to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was with the team manager and consisted of technical/coding questions. I felt like I did not do well in this interview, partly because of the areas the questions covered, and partly because I was nervous. I wasn't expecting a follow up because of the way the interview went, so I was surprised when they called back wanting to set up a second interview. The second phone interview was with a higher up exec. We ended up rescheduling twice because he was busy. When we eventually had the interview, it was mostly personality/experience questions. I mainly talked about my college work as well as experiances in the Boy Scouts. Overall it was somewhat informal and went much better than the first. I got the feeling that this interview was mostly to see if you are someone that can both get things done and work well within the team. About a week later I received a call from the recruiter saying they were having trouble making a final decision, so we scheduled an in person interview with the same manager as the first phone interview. I showed up about 20 minutes late to the interview, partly because I underestimated the 3.5 hour trip, and partly because google maps took me way off course and I ended up having to call their office for directions. I had called them earlier to let them know I was going to be late as a courtesy. When I got to the office I presented code I had written for a college project, then he had me solve some coding questions: write bubblesort, determine if a linked-list is circular or not etc. The next day I got a call with an offer which I ended up accepting. Overall the process was pretty straight forward other than a couple rescheduled/late interviews. This show how much flexibility and communication can work to your advantage: if someone has to reschedule, work with them, if you have to reschedule/a problem comes up, communicate as soon as possible. It may just get a you a job.

Interview Questions

• Given a time on an analog clock (ex.5:20) determine the angle between the two clock hands. Keep in mind that the minute had is always moving and may not be pointed exactly at one of the 5 minute marks.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you solved a difficult task, not necessarily coding/job related.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that will take a linked list and determine if it is circular or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was flown into the company headquarters and back for one day. During that time, I was given a tour of the building, and took 3 very casual interviews. They were each unique: one director interview, one manager interview, and one interview from the lead software engineer. I was also asked to complete exams based on Math and Pattern recognition.

Interview Questions

• During one interview, I was given a number of logical anecdotes to solve on the fly (write an algorithm that does this, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Assessment test followed by a couple of phone interviews.
    On-site interview followed by a verification test.

The assessment test had both personality and IQ questions and the verification test was a shorter version of the IQ test.
    Their HR department is excellent and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very easy. The difficult part was the assessment test and the difficult part was the time limit.   Answer Question

Low salary

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SumTotal in June 2011.

Interview

Back to back interview process with multiple managers like Dev manager, Process manager, coworker, developer were all brought in to discuss the expectations, day in the life activities and how activities will flow through and what initiatives one needs to take .

Interview Questions

• how to create use case for a batch process migration   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

As described previously, I went through all the hoops of IQ/personality tests, background check, drug test, and interviews. After repeated phone calls and emails there has been 0 reply, last I heard everything was going well and they should have an offer in a few days. It has been 4+ weeks.

I wouldn't interview there again if my life depended on it. Very unprofessional and dissatisfying.

Interview Questions

• Fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug.   2 Answers

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SumTotal (West Des Moines, IA) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward. When I submitted my online application I was required to take an aptitude test. Upon arriving for my formal interview, I took a shortened version of the same test and then proceeded with the interview.

The interview itself was fairly standard and in no way overly intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life so far (other than graduating from college)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved when applying for an intern position.