SumTotal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SumTotal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.1

TSE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

Very simple. Got a call from HR after resume submission. Interview was set up. 3 people interviewed separately.There were very basic and the people who interviewed were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to DB, enterprise software support, call management, escalation handling, customer satisfaction related questions. There were very basic and the people who interviewed were very friendly and professional. Face to face interview was also in similar lines,   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the recruiter. After a week, we had base question. Then, another week, i was asked to have an on-site interview. There were three managers. First two would be hiring managers, one focused on behavior questions, another focused on the technical questions. After that, the head of the department gave me an interview with easy question about my experience. Never go further than that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What would you do when you face the conflict question from your customers?
      (SQL) what is normalization?
      Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SumTotal (Remote, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months, from when the recruiter reached out to me to my start date. The recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled an interview. I then had an interview with my director and VP. The last step in the interview process was a sales presentation to the VP and two directors.

Interview Questions

• In general, they asked pretty standard questions, such as what I am looking to do career-wise short- and long-term. It was a very conversational interview process and not really a whole lot of behavioral questions. I would just say be yourself and be confident in your skills. I cannot remember anything specific to point out as far as interview questions go.   Answer Question

Client Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I spoke to 2 recruiters before having 7 interviews. The process took 3 months. Then they turned me down, only to call me back and make me an offer. The whole process was pretty convoluted.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

i was interviewed for the position of TSE. But then I was hired as a CSE (Customer support engineer intern). i received a call in October 2015 but it was only until December 2015 that i was called onsite for the interview. i had applied online. there was just the onsite interview, one HR based and the other technical.
    overall not a very pleasant experience. a lot of communication as to happen with the HR to get an interview and then for your joining once you receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• basic HR questions - what do you expect put of your future/ working envrironment
      what is a server. couple of questions based on server clients. sql queries.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

i tried to negotiate but they did not accept.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Telephone, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

two rounds of technical interview and one hr round. first round was basic questions but catered to all areas. Salary might be constraint if you are expecting too much hike.

Interview Questions

salary expectations not met and relocation assistance is less.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. The position was for a senior software engineer. Talked with the recruiter and everything sounded alright. Then I was scheduled to speak with the hiring manager to have an interview. The process as explained to me was an initial screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an interview on site. My first phone interview, the manager called me earlier to reschedule, which I did. But then he never called after re-scheduling. And then when he finally did call, it was a totally different name/person than who I was supposed to be interviewing with. I thought I had done fairly well on this process. I then got a call back the next day from the recruiter who said after talking to me, they feel like I'm a fit for the mid level software engineer position, which I was okay with. They said they were working on creating the position and talking it over with the team and manager and would get back to me. So I waited a few days, and heard nothing. I emailed them back the start of the following week and the recruiter said she would have an answer by the end of the week. Well, a week later I emailed them back to see if they had an update, and nothing. No reply at all. From the first time the manager didn't call me when he was supposed to, was an indicator that their accountability sucks. And It's also very unprofessional to leave someone hanging mid process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through linkedin and got a call back from an HR recruiter to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was with the team manager and consisted of technical/coding questions. I felt like I did not do well in this interview, partly because of the areas the questions covered, and partly because I was nervous. I wasn't expecting a follow up because of the way the interview went, so I was surprised when they called back wanting to set up a second interview. The second phone interview was with a higher up exec. We ended up rescheduling twice because he was busy. When we eventually had the interview, it was mostly personality/experience questions. I mainly talked about my college work as well as experiances in the Boy Scouts. Overall it was somewhat informal and went much better than the first. I got the feeling that this interview was mostly to see if you are someone that can both get things done and work well within the team. About a week later I received a call from the recruiter saying they were having trouble making a final decision, so we scheduled an in person interview with the same manager as the first phone interview. I showed up about 20 minutes late to the interview, partly because I underestimated the 3.5 hour trip, and partly because google maps took me way off course and I ended up having to call their office for directions. I had called them earlier to let them know I was going to be late as a courtesy. When I got to the office I presented code I had written for a college project, then he had me solve some coding questions: write bubblesort, determine if a linked-list is circular or not etc. The next day I got a call with an offer which I ended up accepting. Overall the process was pretty straight forward other than a couple rescheduled/late interviews. This show how much flexibility and communication can work to your advantage: if someone has to reschedule, work with them, if you have to reschedule/a problem comes up, communicate as soon as possible. It may just get a you a job.

Interview Questions

• Given a time on an analog clock (ex.5:20) determine the angle between the two clock hands. Keep in mind that the minute had is always moving and may not be pointed exactly at one of the 5 minute marks.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you solved a difficult task, not necessarily coding/job related.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that will take a linked list and determine if it is circular or not.   Answer Question

Entry Level Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online, got a call in a few days. Had an online assessment. Mostly Math and Puzzles, which image is odd one out etc. Then had an onsite interview. Again same assessment test. Then 2 rounds of interview. 1 st round Asked about Networking and skills required for Resume. Did not have second interview as manager was not available. Asked a lot about my Resume as well

Interview Questions

• I had mentioned a project in my Resume. Unfortunately It was done 4 years ago in undergrad and I was not up to date on it and forgot a small detail in the project   Answer Question

Look At Photo On CareerBuilder Interview

Interview

Wow would consider applying but after looking at their photo on careerbuilder, I reconsidered. The photo shows about 15 men ( no women) all about same age (middle) same race. Scary considering usually someone in marketing would point out this lack of diversity, Since the company does not show sensitivity in how they portray themselves to potential future employees, I am inclined to think they do not have a sensitive company culture...