Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.6

Japanese Bilingual Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Marysville, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewd over the phone first and it was like your typical interview; they asked me to explain some things on my resume, asked for my strengths and weaknesses.

ThenThey flew me into Ohio (everything paid for by them) and showed me around the entire office. They really wanted to make sure I was comfortable with relocating above all else. This "interview" was more of them wanting me to ask them questions, instead of the other way around. They called in everyone from the quality department and let me talk to them to get any questions I had answered.

The HR lady there was very nice and accommodating the entire time.

Interview Questions

• I see you have ______ on your resume, could you tell me a little more about this, and what you did?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Invoice Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Marysville, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied April 2016 and was called a month later in May to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview I was emailed (same day) to set up a face to face interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was with the HR Mgr, Sales MGR and the person with the current position that you'd be working with. Interviewed was easy, the Sales MGR spoke most of the time and the HR Mgr could barely get a word in. The current employee was completely unprofessional- from attire to the things they said. After a couple questions, I had a tour of the building. I was there for about 2 hours. The HR MGR said they'd get back to me in about a week or so after they did the background checks. None of my professional references were contacted and after 6 weeks I gave up trying to call them back to check the status of my application. It was such a letdown that the HR dept could not even get back to me to let me know that I wasn't picked- as I assume that I wasn't- this seems to be the biggest problem nowadays. So be ware this company interview process is very long and they are not professional in returning any calls or emails I left for the couple weeks after I was told I'd hear something back.

Interview Questions

• Asked about each prior job I had and why I left. Asked what salary I was looking for. Why I wanted this position. How would I handled a disgruntled person?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Novi, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied for a different position, never worked in automotive. The HR department told me that they would like me to come in and interview for something else - however, when I asked for position details, they said they would let me know at the interview. At the interview they gave me no more info and lead off with the first question of why do you want this job. When I answered rather vaguely about the company, I was told off rudely "Well its clear you don't want the position specifically" even though I knew nothing about it. After talking to people a few years later it seems it's indicative of their company culture and glad I dodged a bullet on that one.

Pipe Room Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (La Vergne, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was all about bonding and working with fellow workers. Also, you will be asked if you are able to work in the warehouse, despite being hot or cold.

Interview Questions

• How much of a people person am I.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems.

Interview

It took long time to make a desicion, the process took anout 2 and a half months

Interview Questions

• Just a normal interview and very technical interview, also there was a test   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a negotiation and they came with a good offer

Wire Harness Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Marysville, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

First, HR called me for a screening. Made sure I knew that I wouldn't have the opportunity to get certified as an Engineer In Training if I worked for them. HR sent me a job description and gave me a few more days until I spoke with the engineering manager over the phone. We discussed my previous internship. They invited me for an onsite interview. Two one hour interviews, one with HR which reviewed benefits and introductions, and one with the engineering manager and his team.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and general automotive engineering questions. They took out a wire harness and asked me to identify the wet side from the dry side. They also asked me what I know about wire harnesses. Took small quiz to identify the parts of a common car engine.   Answer Question

Engineer Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Marysville, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Be honest and open minded

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward and informative. Questions are limited to who you are and past experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed the job so negotiations were non existant.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (El Paso, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

two interviews and it took a month to get the offer. It was first with two asst. manager and HR and the last one with the Manager. Normal questions. Not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• what do you think about this company?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

1 hour phone interview followed up by a 3 hour face to face off site.

Interview Questions

• If multiple people simultaneously asked for results immediately how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a disgruntle employee?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (Northville, MI) in September 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Supervisor and HR first. They asked the normal questions, nothing that would stump you. My second interview was with the Manager, Supervisor, and Supervisor from another department. That interview I actually had to work on a drawing.

Negotiation

They offered me a salary and I countered and they accepted.