Summit Medical Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Mental Health Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume for position X; however, I was called to interview for position Y. The interview process was long - interviewed by 2 people, including director head. It seems as though the interview went well; however, it was obvious that they were taken aback by my being African American with credentials. Was told they wanted to hire the position within 3 weeks because it was "needed". However, when I followed up six weeks later, they had said the position was on hold and they would DEFINITELY get back to me. "have you heard from them because it has been 8 more months with no word". Inquired through email about the position recently and they said it was had been filled. I believe follow up is very important and one thing that management should not do is to allude to candidate that the person is the "preferred" choice with competencies that exceed the job and then they don't follow up or make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Some of the strange questions centered around my ability to work with "all kinds of people"   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR and than the director of the lab. Everyone was extremely pleasant.. Basic questions. The process was smooth and easy. I was able to walk around the lab and get introduced.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the next day to complete video interview. After I completed the video interview I was emailed the following day by a recruiter asking a couple if questions and he also told me they would know by the end of the week who they wanted to bring in for a personal interview. Well the week went by and didn't hear anything so I emailed for an update and he stated they were still deciding. Two weeks went by after that and didn't hear anything, so I finally emailed for another update and the recruiter finally emailed me back the following day saying they hired someone the previous week. Their follow up process needs to be improved greatly. As a fellow recruiter they should know all candidates want feedback whether it's good or bad. I do not think I would apply for a position with them again after this experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a negative interaction with a candidate.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group in September 2018.

Interview

HR person left me a voicemail to talk about an interview/ my resume, I had to call 3 times and leave 2 voicemail over the course of a week and a half to reach her. (I called during normal business hours and not around lunch time.) Then when she finally calls back I'm at lunch and call her back immediately to no response and never heard from her again. Why bother contacting someone if you're never going to be at your desk or follow up when they call you. Clearly don't care about interviewees time.

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ).

Interview

My resume was sent over by the school I had attended. I was contacted shortly after by phone to come in for an interview. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application for employment and I was required to take a test on a computer to determine the extent of my knowledge (certain prodecures, medical terminology, ethical situations, etc) and a keyboarding test. When I finished with that I waited at a table with three other candidates. I was called in to speak first with a recruiter who let me know the results of my tests and to review my resume and application. Next I spoke to the Clinical Services Manager. She asked me basic interview questions and reviewed the requirements of the position. There was A LOT of emphasis on being able to provide excellent customer service. I was offered the position before leaving and I followed up a week later to come in for a physical, blood work and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset patient?   Answer Question
    • Do you need constant supervision or do you work well independently?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes you an ideal candidate for this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

interviewing with HR was fairly easy. after that you interview with your potential clinical supervisor. and sometimes with the office supervisor of where you are applying for. it can take a while for this process

Interview Questions

• why do you feel you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview is a two step process, you meet with HR first and if they think you are a fit you then interview with the department manager. They also offer excellent benefit packages and are very upfront and open with you at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient.   Answer Question

Prior Authorization Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (New Providence, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR - went over my resume - HR set me up to go in person interview in the business office with 3 managers. Process took about 3 months - When I applied I didn't hear back after 3 months when I was screen over the phone and was scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job? How do you handle a stressful day at work? Why should we hire you / what makes you stand out from other applicants.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (New Providence, Union, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I was screened over the phone by a recruiter. I was then invited to meet in person with another recruiter and the hiring manager. The interviews themselves were fine, but weeks and months went by without a response from them, and the people I interviewed with did not return my calls. After more than two months, I found out through back channels that they had hired someone else. Only after three months did they send me a canned letter saying I had been rejected. Very rude, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your experiences using Social Media professionally?   Answer Question

Dispensing Audiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Summit Medical Group (Berkeley Heights, NJ).

Interview

I was hired after my first interview and I was interviewed by the supervising Audiologist and a supervising member of the staff of Summit Medical Group. The interview was relatively short. I was questioned on Audiology subjects by the supervising Audiologist and I was given the procedural list of rules and regulations by the member of the supervisory staff.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were what you might expect. These were related to the topic of audiology. They were difficult but could be explained.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no specific negotiations and their offer was quite acceptable.