Sumo Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumo Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Sumo Logic

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

The interview consists of 2 engineers from SL. The explain a bit about themselves and what their team does, ask you about your experience and then dive into the coding question.

Interview Questions

• /*
      Prefix Calculator
      Input: Strings of math expressions
      Output: Number

"+ 2 3" ~> 2 + 3
      output = 5

"+ 2 * 3 5" ~> 2 + (3 * 5)
      output = 17

"* 3 / 2 6"

+, - , *, /
      positive integers
        */   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone screens followed by one on-campus interview with multiple technical people. Recruiters were phenomenally efficient and accommodating, and the technical folks were great as well! Overall, the process was a pleasure, though certainly quite challenging technically.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in December 2015.

Interview

I got a screening-interview with the recruiter following with an 1-hour phone interview. The interviewer is nice and I answer the questions pretty well. He said he likes my idea but who knows. Overall, it's a great experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me. I gave two interviews over the phone with live coding on coderpad, one with a developer and other with a senior developer. Questions were relatively easier but I messed up second one.

Interview Questions

• List of intervals: [1,3], [4,10], [20,30]. check if given interval like [5,10] are occupied by the intervals.
      Find any one peak element from an unsorted array.pick element is an element having previous and next items bigger.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Two easy rounds went perfect. After the second round got a generic resume reject email. The process is highly disorganized. Both rounds were on coderpad. Duration 1 hour. 20 minutes discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

First you tell them about yourself and your interests, then there is a coding challenge problem, and then you get to ask them questions about them. Multiple rounds of this with different engineers.

Visual Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in January 2018.

Interview

I went through a phone screening then followed up a week later with recruitment. No response. Even large corporations had the sincerity to notify my status in a candidacy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard-phone screens with recruiter and hiring manager and then they bring you onsite to meet a few of the team. There were three separate on-sites which were pretty inefficient and could be cut down to two. It made the interview process a lot longer than it needs to be. My biggest issue is that my last interviewer for the THIRD round was double booked and cut the interview short by 15 minutes (30 vs 45) for the last round--just basically disregarded my part of the interview to ask questions and left a bad taste in my mouth. Your interviewers prepare and wait weeks in between rounds, you'd think he'd have the decency to be respectful of time allotted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; what do you know about sumo logic; why this role   Answer Question

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Well organized and consisted of many different phases- phone interviews, in person reviews, submission of sample work product, mini-weekend project (created a Sumo Logic demo video and prepared a small presentation on favorite technology subject)

Interview Questions

• Can you create a few search queries using the Sumo Logic query language and regular expressions.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

I came in for a series of interviews. I interviewed with five different people. Each interview was about 30 minutes. Each interview was different and not receptive like most are. Each interview was also a culture fit test. When I was interviewing, there wasn't a thousand questions being asked of me. I was more of a comfortable flowing conversation. Less like an interview and more like a friendly conversation. I received "the call" the next day. I started the following week. The entire process was smooth and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How would you handle X,Y, and Z challenges?
      On your down time what would you do?
      What ideas can you bring to the company?   Answer Question