Sumo Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumo Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Sumo Logic

Senior Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The process took over a month and a half and after 5 calls prior to the onsite and meeting with 6 onsite leaders I received a generic decline from recruitment. When I called to ask for feedback the recruiter was rude and acted like he was doing me a favor by taking my call. I wish I had looked at interview reviews because this isn't the first review to say this happened).

They boast to have changed their culture around from the negative reviews on glassdoor. Seeing how the company inconsiderably treats people who they have spent over a month and a half with, I doubt this to be true.

5 calls prior to onsite. Manager, CMO, recruiter, digital marketer/ filed marketing, and sales leader
    Onsite meet with 4-6 people from cross functional roles

Interview Questions

• What was the last book I read?
      What do you do for fun?   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very poor organization. They messed up setting up my second interview and had to reschedule. Every interaction with the company had a "slimy" feel to it. Had never heard of Sumo Logic before they contacted me for an interview, but all of their contact made it seem like it could easily be a single person running an elaborate scam. Overall very weird and unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Find all permutations of "needle" string in "haystack" string   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test & Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

After the recruiter call I was invited onsite for an informal chat with one of the other performance engineers and one of the founders. That chat lead to an interviewing onsite of 3 hours consisting of 2 sections with white board coding and 1 hour with another of the founders.
    After that I was given a coding task of writing a program that calculates the maximum number of overlapping intervals if given a list of intervals.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer matrix that is sorted ascending in each row and each column write an algorithm that find an integer X or returns false.   2 Answers
    • Given a binary search tree write an algorithm that converts the tree into a linked list which is space minimal.   Answer Question

Outbound Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and heard from the recruiter that same day to set up my first interview. A few days later I spoke with one of the hiring managers on the phone for 30 minutes. It was very laid back and surprisingly very easy. Mostly just talked about my background. Later that day I received an email from the recruiter to set up my next interview. She informed me it would be a video interview since I was in Denver and would be interviewing with people in California. A few days later I had 3 video interviews that were about 45 minutes each. I believe the first person I spoke to was a manager. Again, it was a pretty laid back interview. Just going over the job and what to expect. The second interview was with a person who was already in the exact same role I was interviewing for. This interview was mainly for me to ask questions, so make sure to have a few questions prepared. I asked a lot about his experience in this role and the day to day. One thing that surprised me about this interviewer was that he was trying to make it very clear how not fun and hard this job can be at times and kept trying to reinsure I knew what I was getting myself into with cold calling. It almost felt like he was trying to scare me out of the job, but I respected his honesty. The third interview was with one of the directors, who I knew was one of the main people I needed to impress. Here, they were more asking why I wanted this job and why Sumo Logic. Overall, I liked their interview process because it was more of a flowing conversation instead of them drilling you with questions. In my third interview, they told me I would hear back within one to two days. I did not hear back for 3 weeks after my video interviews, in which I was informed there was a delay due to the holidays and I would hear an update within a COUPLE days. Once again, I did not hear back for another week and a half. It was very frustrating since the beginning of the process went very quickly and then dead silence. I thought this was very rude and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and after a considerably long time (roughly 2 months) I was given two phone interviews, after which I received the offer. The interviewers were all very nice and generally, the questions were pretty straightforward. I think they mainly wanted to see some background interest in software

Interview Questions

• Generally pretty straightforward string manipulation questions and further questions on applying them to situations where, for example, limited memory   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Both asked questions which were fairly common and one was even on leetcode. Did well on them but was rejected. Hiring process was not bad as they were decent at communicating with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Davis, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The recruiter informed me that two rounds of phone interview will take place (second interview will follow if you pass the first one). The recruiter asked two dates for my availability which was confirmed from their side then.

Interview Questions

• They asked what challenge did I face for one of my projects. Second, they asked me a coding question (DFS+ backtracking). I was able to crack the logic, but due to time constraints I was not able to compile and debug the code.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

Applied online. Two rounds and onsite. Got a reject after round 2. The HR team is highly disorganized. They have no clue about the current status of the applicant. Every email they send looks as if it were the first email. After two rounds, they sent a generic resume reject email.

Technical Partner Engineering Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process seems very Unorganized. After 5 or 6 remote interviews, I was asked to come to their headquarters in California. I was under the impression from the hiring manager that this was just a meet and greet and the job would be mine. Well I went out there for an interview which was a little disorganized. Everyone seem to like me and I answered all the questions without issue. Also, everyone I met with had a different description of the job that was posted. Then after two flight delays and had to sleep overnight at the airport, I got home on Thursday evening. On Friday I got a message that the hiring manager wanted to talk to me and said he would call in the afternoon. He never did. He emailed me later that day and told me was in meetings and he would call me Monday. Friday evening I noticed the job posting in the description change. I had already turned down another offer earlier that day. I talk to the hiring manager on Monday and he says “”this was a longshot anyways”. And their assessment of me is completely opposite of what my profile says.... this was a big waste the time. I wish I’d read other interview reviews before I applied don’t bother applying if this company. It’s was a big waste the time. Oh...BTW....I have been interviewing with these guys for over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Are you technical hands-on?   1 Answer

Senior Frontend Developer - UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I was surprised when I learned their tech stack was something other than what I was initially told, and then later on was told something different once again.
    They should really align on what role they are hiring for before talking to candidates because it came off as misleading. As a senior engineer, I am expected to communicate clearly, I didn't receive that in return from the individuals I spoke to at SumoLogic.