Sumo Logic Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumo Logic Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sumo Logic

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in March 2017.

Interview

First round call with HR. Second scheduled the typical coding interview with sharing code editor. Started straight with the question. Should have asked more clarifying questions at the front which could have helped.

Interview Questions

• Given an string containing absolute or relative path, get the correct path as output. For .e.g ../var../logs should give ../logs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sumo Logic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was great. It was great to speak to the engineers. Very humble. I had a initial phone screen and then an onsite of around 6 rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and clean. The HR had reached out through Linkedin and had scheduled first call with the director. It was a good conversation with the director explaining the work, role and technical skills he was looking for. Next round was technical - which was decent.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with executives early in the process, was asked hard but reasonable questions, and felt quite at home during the entire process. The initial session was two 1:1, in-person interviews (no phone screen) with two of their highest level technical people; when I passed that, I was brought back for four more 1-hour interviews, each of which had a shadow interviewer -- at this point in time they were training a lot of engineers to conduct interviews. I was brought back for one more interview with the CEO and they made an offer before I left the building.

Interview Questions

• Implement a threadsafe lru cache to protect a very expensive read query assuming writes are infrequent   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and a shared editor coding question. Then a few days later I came into the office for a 3-4 hour in-person interview with various folks. Everyone was very nice and had some interesting questions for me to answer. I was generally impressed with everyone.

Interview Questions

• Implement a doubly linked list in javascript.   1 Answer