Sumo Logic Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sumo Logic Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sumo Logic

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

The recruiter set it up pretty well. I went for a 2 hour onsite first level screening at their redwood city offices. There were two interviews of 1 hour each. Each interview consisted of going over some of the interesting work that I have done and one data structure question. The first interviewer was yawning and I saw many times that he dozed off while I was talking. He asked me standard BST checking to code and at the end said great since I was able to write the code without any bugs. Second interviewer was a chinese guy and I was unable to understand why he was talking to me. He was constantly telling he why i may not be a good fit blah blah...was a pathetic experience for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will fit in this company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Sumo Logic

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

The interview consists of 2 engineers from SL. The explain a bit about themselves and what their team does, ask you about your experience and then dive into the coding question.

Interview Questions

• /*
      Prefix Calculator
      Input: Strings of math expressions
      Output: Number

"+ 2 3" ~> 2 + 3
      output = 5

"+ 2 * 3 5" ~> 2 + (3 * 5)
      output = 17

"* 3 / 2 6"

+, - , *, /
      positive integers
        */   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone screens followed by one on-campus interview with multiple technical people. Recruiters were phenomenally efficient and accommodating, and the technical folks were great as well! Overall, the process was a pleasure, though certainly quite challenging technically.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in December 2015.

Interview

I got a screening-interview with the recruiter following with an 1-hour phone interview. The interviewer is nice and I answer the questions pretty well. He said he likes my idea but who knows. Overall, it's a great experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me. I gave two interviews over the phone with live coding on coderpad, one with a developer and other with a senior developer. Questions were relatively easier but I messed up second one.

Interview Questions

• List of intervals: [1,3], [4,10], [20,30]. check if given interval like [5,10] are occupied by the intervals.
      Find any one peak element from an unsorted array.pick element is an element having previous and next items bigger.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Two easy rounds went perfect. After the second round got a generic resume reject email. The process is highly disorganized. Both rounds were on coderpad. Duration 1 hour. 20 minutes discussion.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

First you tell them about yourself and your interests, then there is a coding challenge problem, and then you get to ask them questions about them. Multiple rounds of this with different engineers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Noida (India)).

Interview

After a brief chat with the HR, called on site to Noida office. What could have been easily done over phone/video chat, had to waste a whole day travelling for them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sumo Logic.

Interview

Asked about analytics in details.. 4 rounds in total.. Mostly technical.. Last HR ropund... Good questions.Asked about analytics in details.. 4 rounds in total.. Mostly technical.. Last HR ropund... Good questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sumo Logic (Noida (India)).

Interview

Standard Interview Process, few coding questions and few design questions, two phone screens followed by an onsite interview loop. They cover a lot of ground and emphasize a lot on understanding previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• regex matching, largest substring without repeating characters, design questions, lot of emphasis on code correctness, discussions on design questions are very elaborate.   1 Answer