Sun Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.1

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Interview was very easy. I had three interviews. It was a process. Initial interview was with the junior manager who found my resume after finding it online. The next interview was a few days later with mid level manager. Third interview was with Branch Manager. The interviews were very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a hard decision.

What are three of your worst qualities?

What are three of your best qualities?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New Philadelphia, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked me general questions.
    - How do you describe yourself?
    - what are your strengths/what are your weaknesses
    - give us a time when you had to deal with a difficult client
    - what does great customer service mean to you/ can you define it
    - What motivates you the most?
    - And what skills you have that would make you successful in this position

Interview Questions

• - How do you describe yourself?
      - what are your strengths/what are your weaknesses
      - give us a time when you had to deal with a difficult client
      - what does great customer service mean to you/ can you define it
      - What motivates you the most?
      - And what skills you have that would make you successful in this position

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall an extensive and thorough process. Numerous face to face interviews, followed by aptitude tests and paper applications, as well as multiple character reference checks. After the interviews, you must next complete 4 modules regarding the industry, and then pass a government sanctioned exam. Entire process ranges from 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a situation in which I had to make a difficult position, and the outcome of that decision.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I did a couple of oral interview and online assessment. I had 2 interviews with my manager, one with the FC manager and 2 online self assessments. The process took about a week. The questions vary from behavioural to skills type. Each session lasted about 30 minutes each

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very simple questions at first interview. And they asked me to take online questionnaire. I didnt get this job just because I am NOT permanent resident and not even in the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was given a small quesionnaire to fill in when I arrived. A few minutes later, I was called for an interview.during the interview I was allowed to ask any questions. The interviewer then explained the details of the job and remuneration. I was then led to a room with a computer and I had to do a computer based test which was lengthy and boring. It had questions about my interest in sales, my team working and enterpreneurial abilities, etc. The questions were all multiple choice. I was then told that I passed the test. That meant I was offered the job and I had to then sign a few forms. They told me to sign up online for LLQP and that there will be a training program carried out. i was also told that I need to pay approx. 250 for the LLQP. Then they handed me a form to fill with 100 of my contacts' full names. They assured that it was confidential. The poeple in the office were really friendly and nice and explained everything well. However, I had a slight feeling that they were trying to sell the job to me saying thing like people earn 60k in the first year. I am sure the position will have a huge turnover and not everyone succeeds in it. I wasn't given an opportunity to consider the offer and was assumed to have accepted it. I later called and declined over the phone.
    good sides: sun life is a good name. Their training is good if you are into the insurance industry. they give a discount on your LLQP qalification. If you succeed, you might do well but it is hard to be trusted with money if you are young.

bad side: this was just selling insurance and they are going to expect you to bring in your friends and family as the first clients. They might even use you to reach to your community. Also, no guranteed pay and you need to bear your own costs. Besides, if you can only sell sunlife producs as their employee and you might end up selling things that your friends might not be happy with.

Interview Questions

• If you/ your parents have a party and invite all of the friends and family in Toronto over, how many people will you have?
      Questions about sales experience
      are you interested in being an entreprenuer?
      1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

simple informal interview meant only for accessing your suitability for the role. and that is fulfilled if you have enough money to sustain the business and also your ability to work hard.

Interview Questions

• where do you stay?
      do you have car?
      what is your status in Canada?
      how will you sustain yourself for initial period?

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

The processing of the interview is that they want to find someone as fast as they can by phoning you or texting you. texting part was not professional as my email was already be enough already.

Interview Questions

• have you ever consider that you may be a financial advisor   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was interviewed by two people in two different locations, both had me complete an online quiz. Both also never even had the respect or courtesy to call and inform me how I did on the personality quiz or whether they were moving forward with other candidates. Very disappointed in this process and company as a whole. Even if they offered me a job I wouldn't accept simply because they cannot even contact to inform you how you did.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What do you bring to the company?
      What are you biggest strengths and weaknesses?