Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter took about 15 minutes. Received email to setup in person interview the following day. In person interview lasted about an hour. A manager and assistant director conducted the interview and were somewhat informative about the role. Asst director informed me that a decision would be made within two weeks. No follow up from HR 3+ weeks later.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR representative was friendly, informative and welcoming. She interviewed me briefly before setting up the interview in the specific department. The department head had several questions pertaining to time management, ways of approaching work, strengths and weaknesses, and areas of growth . The traits required for the position were provided.

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY).

Interview

awful. too many people to interview with. some were clueless. never applying there again. I wouldn't spend your time as even the people interviewing me were talking bad about other departments and other people in the company.

Talent Acq Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The HR Manager scheduled a phone interview and then a 2 part interview process. I did not make it to the interview process however, they did not let me know that they just ignored all my calls/emails and didnt contact me again.

Long Term Disability Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, then drove 3 hours to be interviewed by 2 managers. Interview seemed to go well. Some behavioral questions, some open-ended discussion of my qualifications and experience. We spoke for over an hour and they seemed interested, said they would be in touch. I sent thank-you notes immediately. I never heard another word. Disappointing after the amount of time and expense I invested in applying for the job.

Asset Management Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview
    Pretty basic interview. Begin with logistical questions and then behavioral questions. The overall process took about 40 minutes.
    Questions were pretty much basic behavioral questions: why Sun Life and why this program? Why did you choose this college and this major? What is your biggest achievement? One challenge during a past internship experience.

RLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Relatively basic process. Asked all of the questions I figured they would ask (ie. why Sun Life, why this job). Interviewer was super nice and friendly. Two rounds total, one at their office and one on campus

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

It was a scripted interview and the woman read off of a question sheet. She manipulated the questions to go along with what my resume said. They were basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself and what are challenges have you faced and how those challenges were over come. Very nice people that do the interviewing and guided you along through the interview process making it a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when working with your previous job and give an example of how you overcame them   1 Answer

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got referral from one friend so directly had the on-site interview. I interviewed with 4 people in total. The first junior analyst asked me some database and math problems. The other three are more senior so asked me some general questions on work I previously did, my life, etc. The conversation went on rather smoothly but I didn't get the offer. Maybe bad luck.

Actuarial Assistant/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was an alumnus. There was an initial firm handshake, then the process became "explain your resume in detail." More than 75% of my interview time was spent on just explaining my resume in detail. The interviewer also recommended a few clubs and websites to learn more about the actuarial position.