Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.7

Internal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New York, NY).

Interview

awful. too many people to interview with. some were clueless. never applying there again. I wouldn't spend your time as even the people interviewing me were talking bad about other departments and other people in the company.

Talent Acq Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The HR Manager scheduled a phone interview and then a 2 part interview process. I did not make it to the interview process however, they did not let me know that they just ignored all my calls/emails and didnt contact me again.

Long Term Disability Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, then drove 3 hours to be interviewed by 2 managers. Interview seemed to go well. Some behavioral questions, some open-ended discussion of my qualifications and experience. We spoke for over an hour and they seemed interested, said they would be in touch. I sent thank-you notes immediately. I never heard another word. Disappointing after the amount of time and expense I invested in applying for the job.

Asset Management Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview
    Pretty basic interview. Begin with logistical questions and then behavioral questions. The overall process took about 40 minutes.
    Questions were pretty much basic behavioral questions: why Sun Life and why this program? Why did you choose this college and this major? What is your biggest achievement? One challenge during a past internship experience.

RLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Relatively basic process. Asked all of the questions I figured they would ask (ie. why Sun Life, why this job). Interviewer was super nice and friendly. Two rounds total, one at their office and one on campus

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

It was a scripted interview and the woman read off of a question sheet. She manipulated the questions to go along with what my resume said. They were basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself and what are challenges have you faced and how those challenges were over come. Very nice people that do the interviewing and guided you along through the interview process making it a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when working with your previous job and give an example of how you overcame them   1 Answer

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got referral from one friend so directly had the on-site interview. I interviewed with 4 people in total. The first junior analyst asked me some database and math problems. The other three are more senior so asked me some general questions on work I previously did, my life, etc. The conversation went on rather smoothly but I didn't get the offer. Maybe bad luck.

Actuarial Assistant/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was an alumnus. There was an initial firm handshake, then the process became "explain your resume in detail." More than 75% of my interview time was spent on just explaining my resume in detail. The interviewer also recommended a few clubs and websites to learn more about the actuarial position.

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note.

Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question