Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

full day with broad range of interviewers. conducted both in person and via video conference with Toronto office. Not much background provided about who I would be interviewed by so I did my own research.

Interview Questions

• my outlook on global monetary policy   1 Answer

timing of relocation

Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for lots of rigorous questions, especially about the general economy and equity, fixed income, currency markets. You should also know your resume really well and be able to talk about why you want to work in investments.

Dental Claim Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Edina, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 of the supervisors for a very casual yet professional interview. They made the process very easy and informative. I had felt very comfortable meeting with these two ladies.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you were in at your prior work place and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Development Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

Rigorous all day interview. 3 one on one behaviorals and a group exercise with a presentation. Mainly behavioral questions. Flew up to the Headquarters in Wellesley. Very friendly people and the behavioral interviews were not incredibly hard. Group exercise was difficult.

RLDP Interview

Interview

Rigorous process that began with on campus recruitment and ended with structured interviews with a handful of managers. Nothing especially difficult, although they drew from a large pool of applicants and had a group interview where group members had to work on a project together,

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

While very organized the process is lengthy. 3 phone interviews, 3 in person interviews to corporate office and 1 onsite interview with 3 different principles. I only note interview as difficult below because average potential candidate may not be able to maintain the energy level it takes to interview dynamically for 4-5 hours straight. Also , keep in mind that they post jobs they are not entirely motivated to fill and will interview you as if there is a sense of urgency when in truth they won't fill the job for 5,8 or even 9 months down the road if at all. And during that waiting period you will not be communicated with or told why the decision is taking that long. You will see the job re-posted several times across many job boards. You will ask recruiter for update (s) only to be told they will have an answer next week; however next week does not arrive at 5 months and counting. So you will ask again and be told next week. Repeat this every 30 days and you will get the same answer.
    Sun Life: Get it together and be professional! If you are truly looking for a new hire then don't leave your prospective candidates hanging. Communicate exactly what is causing delay, give feedback to those whom you do not want to hire and/or close the posting. If your interviewing people just to get ideas on how to correct your internal challenges from others that's not professional either.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - nothing out of ordinary but specific to the area of responsibility for the interviewer   Answer Question

Technically they still haven't decided to make an offer but at 5 months they still tell me I'm being considered. LOL!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Relatively basic process. Asked all of the questions I figured they would ask (ie. why Sun Life, why this job). Interviewer was super nice and friendly. Two rounds total, one at their office and one on campus

Quote Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fair and straight forward questions about previous experience and personality review questions.There were 3 interviewers friendly and accurate. Honest and helpful to understand the position and what they look into the person to fullfill the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a mistake occured in results of your actions.   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

Interview

Mostly behavioral. The process took between 1-2 weeks. The first interview took place on campus. The second round consisted of three interviews on-site with a built-in networking breakfast and lunch.

Underwriting Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had one interview, Just asked generic interview questions, nothing difficult. It was all questions about my skills and prior experience and then and then they just described the role to me