Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.6

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got referral from one friend so directly had the on-site interview. I interviewed with 4 people in total. The first junior analyst asked me some database and math problems. The other three are more senior so asked me some general questions on work I previously did, my life, etc. The conversation went on rather smoothly but I didn't get the offer. Maybe bad luck.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

One 30 minute interview on campus. They ask the standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just be prepared to go into detail about any aspect of your resume because they will ask. A positive experience overall, though it was difficult to make a connection with the interviewer. If possible try to talk about something unique to you so that you stand out from the flood of actuarial applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time between school, work, and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

1st round interviews were focused heavily on fit, and many of the questions asked for specific examples. 2nd round interviews were on site, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews, a lunch, and a group interview/ presentation. Prior to this round, you take a personality test and a reasoning test. Everyone there is very nice and helpful throughout the entire process.

Actuarial Assistant/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was an alumnus. There was an initial firm handshake, then the process became "explain your resume in detail." More than 75% of my interview time was spent on just explaining my resume in detail. The interviewer also recommended a few clubs and websites to learn more about the actuarial position.

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note.

Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions about experience, how to manager your day, how would you handle different situations, strengths and weaknesses. Why are you the best candidate, why should we hire you. etc. How would you manager your team, how would you react to these different situations?

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. I guess the one to differentiate yourself from others is always tricky.   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question

RDLP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a super day; the super day involved five or six 1 on 1 meetings and a time-boxed group research and presentation project. Most questions were standard personality questions - no technical questions. The team was very friendly and projected a 9-5, comfortable vibe. I ended up declining to pursue an alternative career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you acted as a leader   1 Answer

Declined to pursue a career in investment banking

RLDP Interview

Interview

Phone interview only. For the RLDP's, they have a group interview and 3 1:1 interviews with managers who ask behavioral questions.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Newton, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a superday composed mainly of general fit questions followed by a group case study. Seem to be looking for upbeat, articulate, intellectually curious candidates. Company was incredibly helpful in orchestrating logistics from my university which is located a bit off the beaten path, to their HQ.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge
      Tell me about a time you failed
      Describe the relevance of a company like 23andMe to work in health insurance
      Answer Question

Received a more competitive offer in a different field