Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

The entire interview process probably took two to three hours. First and foremost, I met with two senior level people who interviewed me for about an hour. Secondly, I interviewed with two other employees for an additional hour. After the main part of the interview was complete, I met with Human Resources to go over any additional questions I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the questions that were asked as that was almost 7 years ago.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting base for an Underwriting Internship. I had to take an excel test to see if I had the skills needed for the job. Then I was contacted about setting up a time for an interview. Looks like a typical financial company inside. I interviewed with two head underwriters who were easy going. They asked broad questions about leadership, qualities, where I want to be in 5 years. It is easy to tell how the culture of the company is, they are laid back but results demanding.

Interview Questions

• What were obstacles you faced working in a group?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New Philadelphia, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Benefits Enrollment Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview. Reviewed experience and education. Easy laid back setting. Employer was very nice and made the interview process not intimidating. It took a while for them to get back to me regarding whether or not I got the job, but they did inform me that it would take some time.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email for a phone interview with HR. (This was for the Wellesley office). Then I had a second interview with the Marketing Manager. Was not offered a position but both interviewers were very nice and professional.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Interviewed through college campus recruiting. Was surprised at the questions just because none were too specific about strengths and weaknesses, everything was very broad based. Asked a lot about school activities and less about job experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about school activities and my major specifically, more than just why chose the major   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Entirely fit questions. Was referred to SLF through a friend and was pleasantly surprised by the application process. The typical "walk me through your résumé" questions were there, with certain more pointed questions about past experiences. No technical questions of which to speak

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a HR representative recruiter regarding the position. Next was a one on one onsite interview with the Assistant Vice President of the Group.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience in reinsurance and how this would relate to the product (Stop Loss)   1 Answer

RTLD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.