Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Three interviews- Recruiter, Hiring Manager and SVP. Initial contact was with the hiring manager through a mutual friend. Phone interview with the recruiter was fairly standard and follow on interview with the hiring manager and SVP was general discussions around background and extent of exprience within the field.

Interview Questions

• Primarily experiential questions and specifics around expertise. As I had been recommended for the position through a known third party the interview consisted primarily around relationships and market knowledge.   1 Answer

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question

RDLP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a super day; the super day involved five or six 1 on 1 meetings and a time-boxed group research and presentation project. Most questions were standard personality questions - no technical questions. The team was very friendly and projected a 9-5, comfortable vibe. I ended up declining to pursue an alternative career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you acted as a leader   1 Answer

Declined to pursue a career in investment banking

RLDP Interview

Interview

Phone interview only. For the RLDP's, they have a group interview and 3 1:1 interviews with managers who ask behavioral questions.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Newton, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a superday composed mainly of general fit questions followed by a group case study. Seem to be looking for upbeat, articulate, intellectually curious candidates. Company was incredibly helpful in orchestrating logistics from my university which is located a bit off the beaten path, to their HQ.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge
      Tell me about a time you failed
      Describe the relevance of a company like 23andMe to work in health insurance   Answer Question

Received a more competitive offer in a different field

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Framingham, MA).

Interview

HR and Hiring Managers helped to make you feel comfortable. Shared alot of information on the company and the position. Company does not pay all that well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the position, but the requisition was ultimately pulled

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

The entire interview process probably took two to three hours. First and foremost, I met with two senior level people who interviewed me for about an hour. Secondly, I interviewed with two other employees for an additional hour. After the main part of the interview was complete, I met with Human Resources to go over any additional questions I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the questions that were asked as that was almost 7 years ago.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through a recruiting base for an Underwriting Internship. I had to take an excel test to see if I had the skills needed for the job. Then I was contacted about setting up a time for an interview. Looks like a typical financial company inside. I interviewed with two head underwriters who were easy going. They asked broad questions about leadership, qualities, where I want to be in 5 years. It is easy to tell how the culture of the company is, they are laid back but results demanding.

Interview Questions

• What were obstacles you faced working in a group?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New Philadelphia, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Benefits Enrollment Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview. Reviewed experience and education. Easy laid back setting. Employer was very nice and made the interview process not intimidating. It took a while for them to get back to me regarding whether or not I got the job, but they did inform me that it would take some time.