Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Interviewed through college campus recruiting. Was surprised at the questions just because none were too specific about strengths and weaknesses, everything was very broad based. Asked a lot about school activities and less about job experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about school activities and my major specifically, more than just why chose the major   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Entirely fit questions. Was referred to SLF through a friend and was pleasantly surprised by the application process. The typical "walk me through your résumé" questions were there, with certain more pointed questions about past experiences. No technical questions of which to speak

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a HR representative recruiter regarding the position. Next was a one on one onsite interview with the Assistant Vice President of the Group.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience in reinsurance and how this would relate to the product (Stop Loss)   1 Answer

RTLD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Long process, disorganized HR department, showed lack of communication between HR and Hiring managers. Managers asked basic, easy questions. Not overly difficult. Not all parties were available, so had to go over 2 days
    interviewers seemed unprepared, underqualified.
    asked beginner level questions for company of this size.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not know enough to negotiate

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life in May 2011.

Interview

I just got my master degree then and referred to this job by my advisor. The interview was mainly about my research projects. Only after one round of interview, I got the job, I think the recommendation played a big role in this process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my past work so there were really no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online through university career office. One campus interview with HR recruiter, relatively laid back, fit questions focused on teamwork experiences, diversity, etc. Final rounds assessment day at corporate HQ in Wellesley, talked with hiring managers, presented business case.

Middleware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online for job offer got a call after a week or so , first it is telephonic screening in which they asked the basic technical questions and about previous work details, second round is again phone screening by director of the department then finally an in person interview in which they asked again domain based questions and a sort of personality test. After in person interview have to wait about 2 months to receive offer letter.

Interview Questions

• important question was where do I stand in next 5 Years.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Irvine, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was smooth. Recruiter for Sun Life was from a third party company. Recruiter was friendly, prompt and communicated with me frequently. Quick progression through hiring process. Interviewing was comfortable and professional. I had two interviews with the recruiter. The first interview lasted almost 60 minutes. The face to face interview was arranged at my convenience - late afternoon - to accommodate my work schedule. The face to face interview was with the company president. I had to call her to obtain details on the directions. She was very understanding because the office was difficult to locate within an office park. She spoke well of Sun Life and explained the history of the California business unit with Sun Life. She also described the corporate culture. I had a very realistic idea of what it would be like to work for Sun Life and what my day to day job would entail.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is being asked why I should get the job. Prepare a concise, to the point answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter asked what I expected. The hiring manager made an offer. I accepted. I would suggest more negotiation and make sure the bonus mechanism is thoroughly explained.