Sun Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Long process, disorganized HR department, showed lack of communication between HR and Hiring managers. Managers asked basic, easy questions. Not overly difficult. Not all parties were available, so had to go over 2 days
    interviewers seemed unprepared, underqualified.
    asked beginner level questions for company of this size.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness of yours   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not know enough to negotiate

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life in May 2011.

Interview

I just got my master degree then and referred to this job by my advisor. The interview was mainly about my research projects. Only after one round of interview, I got the job, I think the recommendation played a big role in this process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my past work so there were really no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online through university career office. One campus interview with HR recruiter, relatively laid back, fit questions focused on teamwork experiences, diversity, etc. Final rounds assessment day at corporate HQ in Wellesley, talked with hiring managers, presented business case.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important in business?   Answer Question

Middleware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hills, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online for job offer got a call after a week or so , first it is telephonic screening in which they asked the basic technical questions and about previous work details, second round is again phone screening by director of the department then finally an in person interview in which they asked again domain based questions and a sort of personality test. After in person interview have to wait about 2 months to receive offer letter.

Interview Questions

• important question was where do I stand in next 5 Years.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Irvine, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was smooth. Recruiter for Sun Life was from a third party company. Recruiter was friendly, prompt and communicated with me frequently. Quick progression through hiring process. Interviewing was comfortable and professional. I had two interviews with the recruiter. The first interview lasted almost 60 minutes. The face to face interview was arranged at my convenience - late afternoon - to accommodate my work schedule. The face to face interview was with the company president. I had to call her to obtain details on the directions. She was very understanding because the office was difficult to locate within an office park. She spoke well of Sun Life and explained the history of the California business unit with Sun Life. She also described the corporate culture. I had a very realistic idea of what it would be like to work for Sun Life and what my day to day job would entail.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is being asked why I should get the job. Prepare a concise, to the point answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter asked what I expected. The hiring manager made an offer. I accepted. I would suggest more negotiation and make sure the bonus mechanism is thoroughly explained.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

First I did a phone interview with an hr person about a week later i went in for a one on one interview

Rotational Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially had one interview with HR rep at my school. Went well. Casual, friendly, they focus almost entirely on personality, communication, leadership questions. They want to know what kind of leader you will be, how you will manage, how you work in groups, how well you deal with conflict/people, etc. Very little to no questions on business knowledge. They are focusing on people skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wanted to fix a problem but failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Associate Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hls, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley Hls, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

One phone screen with HR recruiter followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study that required me to outline the business problem and present a functional and technical solution to a panel of interviewers. One my presentation was complete, the panel asked me a series of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The case study was the most difficult. Only 45 minutes to lay out a solution and determine how best to present it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this market, there was not much room for negotiation. That said, the package they offered was generous so I didn't feel much of a need to push back.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for a position. It took about a month before getting feedback despite making follow up inquiries

Interview Questions

• So, Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Questions on technical skills   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

on line resume submission led to phone screen.

not interested in the work