Sun Microsystems Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun Microsystems Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems in December 2009.

Interview

submitted my resume through a referral, it took some time for the hiring manager to call me , once I was called, I initially had to go through a written test, and 2 rounds of face to face interviews.
I was not too confident, but as such the interview went on well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Microsystems

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2009.

Interview

It was a very good interview. Everyone who were ther e on the panel were good. They more importantly sought for an answer from me instead of making me feel that I dont know. It went for 2 hours and finally said you are selected .Happy to share this information to you all.

Interview Questions

• How do you create an array in shell. Which shell script uses it?   1 Answer
    • Some questions on datastructures like Circular list and so on   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2009.

Interview

The first round was a skills test consisting on C, C++, OS questions. They were very tough, especially questions relating to unix system programming and concepts. The second round was 1:1 onsite. The third round was a telephonic one with a senior colleague from the US and the final one was with the Director of the group regarding salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How does the proc interface differ between Linux and Solaris?   1 Answer
    • Explain a project on your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was respectful and progressive. Do not be afraid to ask a little higher salary than what you desire, and there will be a little bargaining here and there. However, do not be too rigid - Sun is a great place to work at and you will have a great work-life balance.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2008.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of technical interview over telephone. Interview was taken on the projects and technologies I worked on. It was in Java/J2EE and also in C, Data Structures and algorithms. After 1st round, I knew I made through the interview and the offer was good enough to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation went smooth.