Sun Products Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2016

2.6

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called me two days later. We scheduled a time for me to go take an operator test. Directly after I passed the test the HR rep said, we could do a small interview. I answered a few general questions. About two weeks later I got a reject email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. How do you work in a team?   Answer Question

Lead Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Bowling Green, KY) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a team manager, HR rep and the Maintenance Manager. They were all nice and answered all of my questions the best they could. I had very many questions about how the training for maintenance was going and how they planned with forward movement of it and how much I could be involved.

Interview Questions

• What skills I had and questions related to them   1 Answer

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation.

Interview

Met with two people at a college job fair. Nothing really exciting. They gave me a bunch of sun coupons afterwords. They asked several standard questions that you have at most interviews. The two guys were interested to know how I've performed in senior design, asked lots of questions about what the client thought.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Bowling Green, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

A family friend knew the manager at Sun Products and he called me for a brief conversation to see if I was competent. Needless to say, it was a very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked if I was a "people person"

and if I knew how to use AutoCAD

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Wilton, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

3 Rounds of separate interviews. If you make it to the 3rd, it will most likely be at Sun Products headquarters. You interview with 8-10 people over the course of 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• If you had to create a new product or innovation for our company, what would it be?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Wilton, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received notification of interest by HR. There was a form to fill out to further the application. Initial phone screen was with the head of the department which went well. After going back and forth to set up additional phone screens, one of the key interviewers didn't call. There wasn't any reason provided nor apology. (I felt that was unprofessional.)

Next step was on-site interview with several people. Again another key interviewer was not available. No reason was given. The ones that did not meet their interview schedule at their appointed time I had to reschedule with them later that week. Neither apologized, even out of courtesy, for missing the original times though I had given the opportunity to do so.

The coordinators did their best to schedule the interviews but the interviewers are responsible for being available when scheduled.

The interviews were generally less than an hour and asked some questions not so much on your skills but on the cultural fit. I read that to mean that if you have a good personality then you'd do well. However, as a previous poster mentioned there didn't seem to be much diversity. It made me wonder what that meant until I got to the interviews. I agree that the interviews were unstructured and it was more of a conversation.

(My take is that this company is a large [private] company but still acts like it is a small company. It's a commodity business - laundry detergent - and there are a lot of cost and market share pressures.)

After sending followup messages to the hiring manager(s) I finally got an automated message that they were proceeding with another candidate. It just goes to show the level of professionalism that they have.

Interview Questions

• Unstructured and depending on the interviewer asked a lot about one's background. There was a lot of emphasis of how each person worked with each other and the rationalization of why each person was on the interview list. A lot of mention of "cultural fit" and seriously how can one person really assess the culture of a company until one is in the environment. A dog and pony show for a morning of interviews can pull a lot of wool over a person's eyes.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation (Wilton, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Nice people, easy questions, and very conversational. The conversation with the HR representative was awkward and the questions felt negative and antiquated. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that you hated about a former role?
      How would you improve one of our products?

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Products Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process was well coordinated right from Phone Screening to face-face sessions.
    The office building was fancy and looked modern. However, the workplace appeared gloomy.

The position was full hands on. No skill based questions. It appears they have been interviewing since April and still on the lookout for the ideal candidate. Got a rejection email this week with industry standard template without the exact reason. Not terribly surprised - Just hit 40 this year and a minority. Although,the interviewers were all white.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral and the hiring managers pointed to being "cultural fit" without disclosing the attributes. The entire panel comprised of all white interviewers. The interview was unstructured and the position was hands on. They did not seem to be interested in specific skills although the job required good amount of stats, quantitative, analytical and some data modeling skills. It was a hands on position.

The team structure was Matrix or Flat, I was told. (interpretation: no one would would own a responsibility) or the supervisors will deflect responsibilities to the subordinates,one or the other under the guise of team work.

I did not bother sending "Thank You Note", was not desperate to get the position, already interviewing somewhere and have a job. Glassdoor had an overwhelming negative reviews,52/60 from past and present employees were very negative.So I was a bit cautious from start. The other was high volume of employee turnover. Lost momentum the night before the interview after reading glassdoor reviews. Showing up there turned out to be a formality. The HR was caught off guard when I raised the glassdoor concerns on employee reviews.

The interviewers seemed professional.
      Came to a conclusion - "Cultural Fit" ~ border line discriminatory or don't fit in the old boys club. I was evaluated at artificial standards. Resume was 100% fit to the job description, with near perfect GPA scores on both engineering and business degrees; experience requirement was mid-career. Attended an interview after almost 9 years. It ended up as good practice.

Received a standard template rejection email this week. There were no specific reason for rejection. Hiring managers injected too many of their personal biases into the decision making process and use "cultural fit" as an excuse to eliminate qualified candidates they think might challenge them or whom they just don't like. Being 40 and a minority seems to be a probable reason for rejection. They valued "cultural fit" over competence.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

First a phone interview then and on site interview. All where scenario driven so there is really no way of preparing for the interview. There was a panel who took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• All where about a time something happened and the outcome   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Interview

On Campus Interview then invited to Superday where there was 4 back to back interviews. Everyone was nice but the interviews were repetitive. All Behavioral and want a lot of detail about what you have done. Did not ask anything about the company or the industry.