Sun-Times Media Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun-Times Media Holdings Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sun-Times Media Holdings

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun-Times Media Holdings.

Interview

I went through a local Job Fair, had a very poor impression of the company at the fair because of the employee I spoke with. I was contacted 3 days later for an interview. I accepted the interview and was asked to show up approximately 10 minutes before the interview started, which was fine and I did.

I was shown to the conference room and was told that my interviewer was on a call and would be with me shortly. Half hour later another hiring manager popped her head in and asked if I had been interviewed yet. I replied that I hadn't and that she was the first person I had seen. Essentially, my interviewer had passed me off to another hiring manager to be interviewed, which lasted maybe 20 minutes tops because she was ill-prepared (obviously not her fault). Towards the end of the interview, I could tell she was trying to sell me on how it really was a nice place to work, everyone here is like a family, et cetera. Not interested, but thanks. Overall, it was a real eye opener and the first really negative interview experience that I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Ranged from 'what motivates you' to 'what are your strengths/weaknesses.' Was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

"The best a company is ever going to get is in the interview stage."

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun-Times Media Holdings (Glenview, IL).

Interview

I was hired on the spot for an internship which progressed into a full-time opportunity. I was over-qualified for the internship.

Web Presence Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun-Times Media Holdings (Chicago (Philippines)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a posting on my university career website, and got an email back from the recruiter the next day. We immediately set up an in-person interview for the following week. I met her at their office and had a very short interview where she asked about my background and qualifications. I learned a bit more about the role and left feeling very excited about the position, but then I never heard back from them again, which was pretty upsetting.

Interview Questions