Sun West Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sun West Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

Interview

The interview process is standard. They ask generic questions. They will test you on certain terminology of so they know what level you are at as far as experience goes.

Funder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Questions were geared towards the actual job position and were asking specific scenarios to make sure you do have the experience. Recruiter and COO were very nice and courteous.

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was told to go to the site and take a written test. However, the test was in C. Also they told me that they filled the position before my next interview and I saw the job posting online a few days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to print information on mortgage rates given delimiters and certain conditions. The printed information is displayed as a matrix.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First got a call by HR for the first phone screening. Asked basic questions like "why are you applying for this type of position", "can you work over time?", "ok with travel to our satellite offices?"

Then we setup a time for the in-person interview at the Cerritos office.There was about six other people there waiting to be interviewed as well. First person I met with was a gentleman named Tony. Very polite and just asked basic questions about the job and your experience. Asked again if you are ok with OT and travel. Benefits kick in after 30 days. Took about 15 to 20 min. Those who passed with him were asked to stay to meet with the CIO in about 10 minutes.

Now the infamous CIO that has been talked about alot on here. I went it with a open mind but she matches all her complaints exactly. Very rude and has an attitude that she does not want to be there. You would think that a CIO would actually read your resume before saying "To be honest, I dont feel like I should hire you as you have no IT experience" then having to point to 4 years of IT experience on said resume. The whole interview was me correcting her while she attempted to belittle my experience. The interview took about 30 minutes. After they said Tony would reach out back to me with feedback.

Got an rejection email 2 days later with very generic feedback. Honestly, I am glad. The CIO seems like a type of person to hire IT grunts who stay in one place and don't want to advance their career. I would avoid this place if you have to. The turnover rate seems very high and I am not surprised after meeting her.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

Interview

Apply online then HR will setup a date for a technical written test.
    After the test, you get a call back to setup an interview (the next day for me).

The test had the following types of questions:
    1. http ("which of the following are true")
    2. string parsing and formatting in your choice of language (java, javascript, c++, etc)
    3. sql
    4. c/c++ pointers
    5. forgot this one

The interview was about my resume, projects and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I saw the other's experience here all of them are negative,at first I didnt' believe but now i am sure it is the worst experience ever!
    First interview on site : no one came ,I think it is very very not polite as a 30 years company to hire, front desk give me a test paper to answer which take 1 hour and 40 mins questions are very easy ,about pointer ,string and windows socket. but I have to mention the place is very dirty to sit down ,dirty chair and dirty desk !!They give me a phone call the same day let me attend the final interview with two mangers. ....

Second Interview onsite: schedule is 3:30 pm, but until 4:00 pm ,still no one cares me .what??? I ask the front desk ,she told me ,manger is out..what ?? again?? about 4:20 two manger interview me .Just normal interview question.but I feel so angry at that time cause I feel no one cares me in that company. they told me ,they will give me some feedback soon.but 2 weeks passed and I tried to E-mail the interviewer twice ,no one response . I give up now .this company is not suit for everyone ,Maybe they are just to collect your information for their business .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an assessment test and then they called for in-person interview. No matter how you perform in assessment test, they call you for in-person interview as their interview process. Assessment test is same for every individual. Hiring depends on how well you perform in in-person interview.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview process was easy, but took a long time to complete, All of the people in the interview process are incompetent and like to put sunshine up your butt to say the least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

In person interview, was just a small test sheet, and that's all. The programming language was mainly c++, was not noted on job description

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun West Mortgage (Cerritos, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was such a long process not because I didn't answer their questions but that they couldn't manage their time but they were more than an hour late to the appointment, twice. Also, when conversing with the Operations Manager she was rather condescending and really hard to understand.