SunAmerica Financial Group Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

SunAmerica Financial Group Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at SunAmerica Financial Group

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Greensboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

poorly organized, manager was late, manager was vague on compensation, could not explain fully how advisor was paid for new business, was not allowed to talk to current advisors. valic is having major issues paying annuity contracts with fixed contracts guaranteed. valic no longer pays advisors on fixed income business

Interview Questions

• tell me how you handle irate client   1 Answer

compensation has NO base salary. shakey details on how advisors get paid, sounds like brokerage buisness is non-existent, forced to sell annuity

Other Interview Reviews for SunAmerica Financial Group

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Oxford, MS) in December 2009.

Interview

Wa contacted by recruiter from a resume I posted on Monster. The initial interview was over the phone with this recruiter. We just basically covered my resume and background. The next interview was also over the phone with another member of the talent acquisition team. More in depth this time but still basic interview questions. Third interview was an initial meet and greet with the District Manager of the Territory I would be working in. Formal, but relaxed, more informational about the job, the territory, job expectations, etc. The final interview I had to bring a proposed business plan of how I would work the territory, bring in business, answer ind epth interview questions, also by this time all background tests had been passed.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specific questions. Most were basic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, standard package, great health benefits. Can negotiate on the size of the territory. Make sure you get as many active flowing accounts as possible with as many assets under management as possible and not get just the crap the other advisors want to pawn off on you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Don't expect it to be immediate. They have to make sure that you are desperate and willing to sell your soul before consideration. You would have an easier time in a sweat shop in Cambodia before wanting to work there.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice between you having a life and reputation versus working for us, which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • If Bruce Abrams, CEO, decides that he likes your house, car, family, husband/wife, dog, better than what he has, are you willing to give it up to come and work here?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in August 2011.

Interview

phone interview with HR then fact to face with DM

Negotiation

none

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in May 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by 1:1 Interview with District Manager followed by 1:1 Interview ith Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Recent market conditions in Europe that this affecting US markets.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in June 2008.

Interview

One interview, with a follow up phone call. Interview was pretty standard. Management is made up of a majority of men.