SunAmerica Financial Group Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen by hiring manager. Flown down a week later to meet with Manager, his supervisor and HR. Spent one afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describe how prior experience relates to the position interview for.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

You meet with the financial advisers that are looking for a sales assistant. They want to get to know you, so they ask you some behavioral questions and maybe one or two technical questions. Also, they will also try to get to know you and understand you, so they could ask you a few interest questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tell them your credentials that will directly relate to the position. If the financial advisers feel its "adequate", its possible they could pay you a few bucks more.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone call to set up phone interview with human resources. After the phone interview, it took about a week to interview with the hiring manager. After the hiring manager it took about a week to get the offer. This was a typical sales interview - tell me about your last job, your sales experience, why do you want to work here, etc. The work environment is business casual, and it is a laid back environment for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last position.   1 Answer

Base salary was lower than competing offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Don't expect it to be immediate. They have to make sure that you are desperate and willing to sell your soul before consideration. You would have an easier time in a sweat shop in Cambodia before wanting to work there.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice between you having a life and reputation versus working for us, which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • If Bruce Abrams, CEO, decides that he likes your house, car, family, husband/wife, dog, better than what he has, are you willing to give it up to come and work here?   1 Answer

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group (Houston, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. They asked me a few basic questions about my work experience. A interview was then scheduled. I was then interviewed by two managers for abou 3 hours. Very simple direct interview no trick questions. Just focused on my experiences at previous jobs.