SunGard Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

You first have an telephone interview, then you have an in house interview and then I had to do a large 30 minute presentation in front of the head of professional services. It was great, fun, honest, and easy to go through to be honest. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial markets, what is hedging, what are derivatives, how is the financial market doing, and so forth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Malvern, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone first and asked a number of technical and business questions. A few months later I had more of an informal interview closer to where I live.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a reasonable offer and I accepted it. The only difficulty was the method of payment but we worked it out to be paid 1099 through a mutually agreed upon company.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

phone interview from the hr dept. if you pass that you move onto the manger
    after two interview calls you are asked to do a 10-15 minute presentation.
    then they will give another call back to see if youare still interested

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was a one on one behavioral interview that took about 30 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I pretty much just had a pleasant conversation with my recruiter. Second round they sent me to the office in Houston (where I was applying). There were 3 interviews all of which lasted about 30 minutes. One behavioral, one technical, and one fit/ethics.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Tell me how you would write a program that converts roman numerals into regular (arabic) digits." Not the most challenging question in the world but out of the ordinary considering that every other question was about databases.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I had three interviews:
    First with a senior manager for general understanding of the role and my background.
    Second with the director, quick one in order to see whether I can fit in the team.
    Last with senior analyst: very long, assessing whether I have got the right skills for the role.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Had multiple(8 face to face and 4 telephonic) interview rounds and 2 lunches with the hiring team. Seems like they really wanted to make sure that they hire someone who is exactly what they need. Overall the process was smooth and everyone was very helpful. Yet, I did not get reimbursed for my travel for interview purposes, which I was been told I would be reimbursed. The process took almost 5 months which was painful. The hiring team was great and people were really smart. For me, I approached senior management via social networking and thus got my interviews. It was very important to impress the management to keep things moving.

Interview Questions

• Explain a database to a 5 year old child.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a sensitive client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. The salary is towards the lower side of average but in this economy, it was ok. I had another offer but in SunGard, learning curve is steep and that was one of my requirements.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in May 2012.

Interview

I was pushed in by a recruiter. Had a 1:1 interview with the recruiter first, and then had an 1:1 interview with one of the hiring managers. Work place is nice, a lot of empty desks, though. Was asked a lot of behaviour questions, but no "what's your long term/short term goal?". Then, took two quizes, one programming, one brain test. Overall, it took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What type of job you don't want to go to when you wake up every morning?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in October 2010.

Interview

My interview was with a Senior Consultant. The interview was mainly behavior but they were looking for technical answers. Questions were fairly straight forward and about 5 questions total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a problem and did not know the answer. How did you face the problem and what did you do creatively to find a solution?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview

Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Sungard?   1 Answer