SunGard Consulting Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Consulting Services Interview Questions

2.7

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening by a recruiter followed by a phone interview with a technical person. If you pass those, you will be invited for a office face to face. You will talk to 3 people or more in the office which each focusing on certain areas. Technical knowledge, Consulting skills, business acumen...

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral question like "tell me one time you did ..."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

One interview and sponsored dinner at campus location(college recruiting): Behavioral questions.
    Second interview on-site at Houston location: 3 interviews consisting of 2 behavioral and 1 technical
    Technical interview was really straightforward depending on items listed on your resume. It seemed to be designed as a stress test where a senior partner with high experience asks many questions.

Interview Questions

• Stages of the SDLC model?
      Difference between Waterfall and Agile methodology?
      If you had to explain Hadoop to a toddler, how would you do it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was very organized, and the team that I was able to speak with gave me perspective of what my career would look like joining and what the possibilities for growth were. Probably the best overall interview experience I had. It was structured, yet there were informal parts where I felt I got to know the team and environment. No trick questions, very warm and approachable group. The recruiting manager I worked with made sure I felt like I had all of the information I needed to make the decision and really addressed the things important to me.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions- very interested to know how I worked with teams and in certain scenarios in the past.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

They were very kind and pleasant to deal with, and I enjoyed the interview process. They are laid-back and the environment seemed really nice. I got to ask a lot of questions about the industry, and it felt like they care about their workers. I learned a lot from the interview process and got to show what I knew, and was overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not ask too many technical questions, but was more interested in my overall knowledge of how everything is put together, and more big-picture concepts like the software development cycle. He did ask about some sorting algorithms, but it was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview

Initial Phone interview, followed by 3 onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your passion, what would you do if you werent doing this and why arent you doing that instead?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services.

Interview

HR Manager confirms your interest in the position and schedules an online technical test
    Technical test was outsourced and run by IKM Online, most of the questions were typical interview questions, measuring you for a wide range of .NET/SQL skills

After clearing the online test, HR Manager schedules inperson meetings
    Interview was highly technical, you can expect to meet Manager or Senior Manager

Interview Questions

• Questions on design and more specifically design patterns (subjective), and continuous integration   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very ad hoc process.

Negotiation

They are well below the going market rates, and know it but are taking advantage of the economy.

Sungard Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Austin, TX).

Interview

Totally behavioral, only 30 minutes long - asked me a five standard questions about "a time when you..." or "what would you do if.." very straightforward and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a leader and how did you delegate people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a Lead Senior Consultant. In Person interview with two Principals. The two Principals were supposed to be Energy Trading and Risk Management professionals. While they had many years of experience both were clueless about the domain of Energy Trading and Risk Management and .NET. These two principals were supposedly experts in the domain but I was able to impress them by talking about Visual Studio and object oriented programming. It was like if they had never seen or heard about this before.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Consulting Services (Irving, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a good one. I was fortunate in the sense that I was an internal referral, so my process was quicker than perhaps other internal positions we currently recruit on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle high-stress situations?   Answer Question