SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunGard (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was very easy and smooth. I interviewed with two people the first interview, one person on the second interview. I then had a phone interview with the director in which I was offered the position and was sent an official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about learning new cash management treasury software given that my experience has been in mortgage software.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was well organized. I have applied online, there was an initial HR call followed by a technical phone screening. HR people are professional and friendly. They gathered info as much as possible like why are we looking for change, commute distance to office, expected salary range, experience details etc

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for a personnel interview based on my resume. After I was selected for a second interview the managers sent me a programming problem to solve and then I presented the same to a team of developers. They got back to me in two weeks with a offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve a problem in any language I prefer at the end of the interview.   1 Answer
    • How do you solve a problem that you struggle with?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview process was long, detailed and exhaustive.
    I met the recruiter at a career event, had a mini interview and was called back after two weeks.
    Second was a phone interview, 30 min long about my interests, experience etc.
    Third in person interview. First i was given a questionnaire 4 questions, logic and programming based. I was given 30 min to finish. Then one of their heads came back and discussed my reasoning and answers and a little bit more about how i would fit the job. Third another interview with another person, head of a team in Chicago, took another 30 min and mostly behaviourial for the last one. Total almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• programming: How to write a code in which you want the check digits/ numbers automatically convert into words.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

The recruiter started asking me the typical interview questions and was a little bit hesitant to answer my questions about the role as they related (example She would ask my territory and quota, I would ask how that compared to the role.) She kept saying that would be in a future interview. Then, she asked me my current compensation. I do not like to provide that information. When I asked if I would be given the compensation for this role if I shared mine, she immediately said "thank you for your interest" and hung up. It was a complete disrespect of my time.

Print Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

interviewing was through a temp agency. worked with the company for 8 months then applied for print operator position. After 3 years I was upgraded to lead operator. Each interview process was very well done and highly professional.

Interview Questions

• How many years do plan on staying?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2015.

Interview

SunGard likes to take their time on interviewing. Just to get PHONE interviews they spread it over the duration of 2.5 MONTHS!! Struggling to get their ducks in a row in order to make hiring a priority. I applied for another job, went through the whole interview process 1 month after my first phone interview with SunGard and got an offer right after the second phone interview. The interview process is a joke.

Core Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

I consider myself a talented java developer, so applying to this role despite not knowing finance wasn't a concern. The "executive recruiter" emailed me the next day to schedule a phone interview, which elevated my level of interest. She then blew off for our first appointment with no notice. I didn't reach out, but she contacted me again the following week apologizing and asking to reschedule. She then blew me off for the second appointment. I contacted her later that day and asked if she still wanted to speak. She seemed to have never heard of me and took a few minutes to find my resume, which she had clearly looked at for the first time. At this point she mentioned that they were really looking for someone with 5 more years experience. She made it seem like a hard and fast number and not dependent on skill. She may have known I didn't meet this metric if she actually viewed my resume. I realize I am the applying candidate, but its hard to have a positive feeling about their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the projects you've worked on? Have you used "java on the back end"? Seemed to just be putting the job description into question form for the most part.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited on campus for a behavioral interview. Spoke with a lead engineer about how I would handle scenario X, how did I deal with team members who were troublesome, most difficult challenges and how I overcame them, etc. Then I went to another room and spoke with the recruiter. If I wasn't an idiot, I would have fallen for this person's sales tactics. She worded all her responses carefully to hide the slaveryness of the position, technical consultant, basically a software engineer who goes onsite to other companies and does consulting/implementing a solution for that company.

Fine, whatever. What ticked me off was that at the end of the behavioral section with her, she told me the next step after the current interview was to set me up for an onsite technical interview that would last a day at one of their offices. Pretty standard stuff.

Days passed and I emailed her asking when the interview would be. She mentioned she has already contacted the office to see when they'd be ready to see me. Apparently that office is extremely busy, she says. She would let me know within a week. A week passes, then two. I waited the extra week to contact the recruiter again because I didn't care to work at this wannabe Accenture, but hey, a trip is a trip. She responds saying she still has not heard back and that she'll ask again when that office will be ready to fly me out and interview me.

The next day, a different recruiter from the one I'd been corresponding with all this time emails me with the copy pasted nonsense "Pursuing other candidates who are a better fit for this role." Clearly they just didn't want to deal with interviewing me. All the low stars for this company you see on this site are real. I felt a vibe from the recruiter during the behavioral when I was asking her questions about work life that a SWE is pretty much treated like a worker bee. I would put money on it that turnover is high. Also, to get up the hierarchy to lead manager engineer or whatever the title is is nigh on 10 years. Like any millennial is going to be staying at any company for more than 2, let alone this joke of a company. I should have listened to the cons. They were pretty much all true. Stay away, this is not a company you would be proud to tell you friends and family you work at. You might as well tell them you work at Subway.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly low key conversational atmosphere with support manager and product lead. Offices sprawled throughout a downtown building. office space typical cubicle set up , but appeared very liberal in personalizing space. They were looking for a very specific background and had very specific needs. Did learn company was recently acquired by large management group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about yourself that isn't in the resume.   Answer Question