SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was well organized. I have applied online, there was an initial HR call followed by a technical phone screening. HR people are professional and friendly. They gathered info as much as possible like why are we looking for change, commute distance to office, expected salary range, experience details etc

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview process was long, detailed and exhaustive.
    I met the recruiter at a career event, had a mini interview and was called back after two weeks.
    Second was a phone interview, 30 min long about my interests, experience etc.
    Third in person interview. First i was given a questionnaire 4 questions, logic and programming based. I was given 30 min to finish. Then one of their heads came back and discussed my reasoning and answers and a little bit more about how i would fit the job. Third another interview with another person, head of a team in Chicago, took another 30 min and mostly behaviourial for the last one. Total almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• programming: How to write a code in which you want the check digits/ numbers automatically convert into words.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

The recruiter started asking me the typical interview questions and was a little bit hesitant to answer my questions about the role as they related (example She would ask my territory and quota, I would ask how that compared to the role.) She kept saying that would be in a future interview. Then, she asked me my current compensation. I do not like to provide that information. When I asked if I would be given the compensation for this role if I shared mine, she immediately said "thank you for your interest" and hung up. It was a complete disrespect of my time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2015.

Interview

SunGard likes to take their time on interviewing. Just to get PHONE interviews they spread it over the duration of 2.5 MONTHS!! Struggling to get their ducks in a row in order to make hiring a priority. I applied for another job, went through the whole interview process 1 month after my first phone interview with SunGard and got an offer right after the second phone interview. The interview process is a joke.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited on campus for a behavioral interview. Spoke with a lead engineer about how I would handle scenario X, how did I deal with team members who were troublesome, most difficult challenges and how I overcame them, etc. Then I went to another room and spoke with the recruiter. If I wasn't an idiot, I would have fallen for this person's sales tactics. She worded all her responses carefully to hide the slaveryness of the position, technical consultant, basically a software engineer who goes onsite to other companies and does consulting/implementing a solution for that company.

Fine, whatever. What ticked me off was that at the end of the behavioral section with her, she told me the next step after the current interview was to set me up for an onsite technical interview that would last a day at one of their offices. Pretty standard stuff.

Days passed and I emailed her asking when the interview would be. She mentioned she has already contacted the office to see when they'd be ready to see me. Apparently that office is extremely busy, she says. She would let me know within a week. A week passes, then two. I waited the extra week to contact the recruiter again because I didn't care to work at this wannabe Accenture, but hey, a trip is a trip. She responds saying she still has not heard back and that she'll ask again when that office will be ready to fly me out and interview me.

The next day, a different recruiter from the one I'd been corresponding with all this time emails me with the copy pasted nonsense "Pursuing other candidates who are a better fit for this role." Clearly they just didn't want to deal with interviewing me. All the low stars for this company you see on this site are real. I felt a vibe from the recruiter during the behavioral when I was asking her questions about work life that a SWE is pretty much treated like a worker bee. I would put money on it that turnover is high. Also, to get up the hierarchy to lead manager engineer or whatever the title is is nigh on 10 years. Like any millennial is going to be staying at any company for more than 2, let alone this joke of a company. I should have listened to the cons. They were pretty much all true. Stay away, this is not a company you would be proud to tell you friends and family you work at. You might as well tell them you work at Subway.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly low key conversational atmosphere with support manager and product lead. Offices sprawled throughout a downtown building. office space typical cubicle set up , but appeared very liberal in personalizing space. They were looking for a very specific background and had very specific needs. Did learn company was recently acquired by large management group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about yourself that isn't in the resume.   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an three in-person interviews. Though I was referred in by a SunGard employee, I felt mistreatment from the moment I entered the office. It turns out this position was far more technical than the posting led on and I was asked to do mining on the spot without any context or measure. The first interviewer began asking real personal questions and said if I didn't plan on staying there 10+ years, to "not waste their time".

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional, personal, friendly, relaxed, knowledgable. I was able to speak freely and ask any question I saw fit. Very relaxed yet professional. Represented organization well, and made me want to work here even more. Still waiting to hear back. Phone call lasted about 30mins, and wasn't strictly business. Small talk and professional inquiry both applied.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. After the initial phone screen with a Sr.Developer, they called me for an in-person interview with another Sr.Developer which was for about 30mins. There was also a small coding test for another 30mins. After the in-person interview, they arranged for another video interview with the IT Director which lasted for about an hour.
    I am very confident that all the rounds were excellent and also received positive reaction from the interviewers during the interview process.

It has been more than a month now and I have never heard back from them. When I contacted the recruiter, he said that the position is supposed to be filled within 2 months and asked me not to wait for them if I had another opportunity at hand. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• C# basic questions, sql and some scenaio based questions etc   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunGard in June 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls, the first one was with Hr And after that there was another interview with the manager on the same day. Basic behavioral questions were asked along with questions related to my resume