SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.9

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Makati City (Philippines)) in March 2012.

Interview

A hiring staff from Singapore does all the initial steps of the recruitment process like gathering of personal information and technical skills. Then, you will be recommended for a technical exam in the office which consists of 5 or more programming questions. If you pass the exam, you will then take a 1-2 telephonic technical interviews with the team you are considered (can be from teams in other countries). If you pass the interviews, the final steps are the interview with the project manager and then with the HR manager to discuss the job offer and contract signing.

Interview Questions

• Almost all programming questions in the written exams are difficult. You should study Java interview exams and questions. And also practice solving programming problems. One problem I remember is to write a pseudocode or algorithm for solving the square root of any number.   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Geneva, IL).

Interview

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions

• Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had this interview in June 2016 for Senior Software Engineer.

Like for every experienced interview, Your basic needs to be strong.If you give any silly answers for basic questions, interviewer will loss his/her interest and will take interview as formality and will try to end interview soon.

There were two technical rounds.

First round was more around Java basic and core concepts.It covered OOPs concepts in detail, collections,little over threads.Then J2EE advanced- JSP and Servlet in depth.

Second round was more towards your working knowledge over.Questions were around that only.
    It included configuration of Spring, and different modules which i had covered.
    Later more towards J2EE(Servlet & JSP) in depth questions.

The above two rounds were more of elimination rounds.

Third round was techno managerial.It was more of how and with what you had worked previously.
    How things were in your organisation.How things are done here.It should get over without any issues.

Last round is HR.
    They give good offer. :)

Interview Questions

• Inheritance -, constructor chaining, collections - hashmap internal structure and working , Thread - llifecycle and yield usage,
      J2EE - JSP and Servlet life cycle, JSP to Servlet conversion   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went for two days.
    If you are an early joiner,always ask for Joining bonus.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

first technical round, interviewer was good, was listening to my answers and not just doing formality.
    Good technical knowledge is needed to crack the interview, after that 2nd technical round happened and after that the 3rd technical and managerial round.

overall experience was good and got a lot more questions for other interviews.

Interview Questions

• collection framework, oops concepts   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an three in-person interviews. Though I was referred in by a SunGard employee, I felt mistreatment from the moment I entered the office. It turns out this position was far more technical than the posting led on and I was asked to do mining on the spot without any context or measure. The first interviewer began asking real personal questions and said if I didn't plan on staying there 10+ years, to "not waste their time".

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Round 1:- It will consist of Aptitude test which will have basic maths questions but the number of questions are too high.
    Round 2:- This is technical Aptitude test. it will consist of questions from technology you are applying for
    Round 3: If you clear these 2 technical rounds then you will get a call for technical round in about 10 days. This round will check your basic knowledge of java (for which I applied, for you it might be different) So, they tested everything I know in java (literally)
    Whole core java was covered. though basics, it was long and tiring interview.
    Round 4:-this interview will either be a technical interview or will be taken by the manager for whom who will work if you are hired. Mine was technical so again many many questions on multithreading, jdbc, few on SQL, packages, java.util (collections), java.io (Tree Structure of that package).

If you clear all this you will get a call in about a week. Well it depends on the requirement, If the requirement is urgent then you will get a call next day it self and you will be asked to join immediately.

That is it!

Interview Questions

• how java.io package is designed?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Applied on their website, had interview with HR and a technical interview. Waiting for their response. Nice office space, good location. Big company so the interview process is slow, but the people are pleasant

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 Managerial round.
    Interviewers were friendly.Quality questions asked. I am working in exact same technology they required so even if i didn't gave all answers it was ok.Too much focus on oops in depth knowledge + hands on of angularJs.

Interview Questions

• Difference between- var and dynamic,List & dictionary,is & as keyword,wcf & web services,abstract
      class & interface, service & factory,watch & digest
      stateProvider,routeprovider, ng-view, Can we inject controller like service?
      query to find second lowest record in sql, Query to find specific record if more than 1 records exists which are same,types of triggers, performance tuning in sql,   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Great questions. Good Balance but very refreshing. Not from a management textbook. Very relevant and probing. Interested in my answers and understanding of the subject. Very professional. Looking at my ability to more importantly...my potential.

Interview Questions

• How would you run your role from a management point of view?   1 Answer

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

i have interviewd for QA position.
    During interview you need to be very clear & should have good knowledge about the projects which you worked on & mentioned in your CV.
    2 Technical round followed by manger & HR round, after that they asked us to submit the all educational & previous employer docs & then offer released.