SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 different interviews each one constituted of a fit part and a algorithm solving one. Fit was not too long as the most important dimension is to assess whether one can develop software. The interview process was pretty standard where behavioral is not a emphasized on as much as technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm solving, got tricky. Interviewer wants more to evaluate your though process than the actual result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions

• mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Interview

AS usual nothing specific and it is all about the domain and project you have worked earlier and roll and responsibilities you had in your position and what are the challenges you have faced.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Unprofessional HR team.
    Consultancy agency scheduled interview. On the interview day, the expected HR contact person was on leave, and no alternate person was informed of the interview. There's no professional HR process to conduct an interview. Receptionist helped me to talk to HR over phone and I was surprised to hear from HR that "Who has scheduled your interview?" I then brought the consultancy agency in the loop, they spoke to HR via call. Later, the HR asked me to wait for technical panel for interview round. The technical person didn't come even after 1.5 hour. Receptionist claims that the panel is busy. Then it was a lunch time, asked to wait for another 1.5 hour. Looking at these unprofessional behavior of HR, I left the venue without attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked me, "Who has scheduled your interview?" They were unaware of the interview schedule shared by the consultant agency.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

The recruiter started asking me the typical interview questions and was a little bit hesitant to answer my questions about the role as they related (example She would ask my territory and quota, I would ask how that compared to the role.) She kept saying that would be in a future interview. Then, she asked me my current compensation. I do not like to provide that information. When I asked if I would be given the compensation for this role if I shared mine, she immediately said "thank you for your interest" and hung up. It was a complete disrespect of my time.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited on campus for a behavioral interview. Spoke with a lead engineer about how I would handle scenario X, how did I deal with team members who were troublesome, most difficult challenges and how I overcame them, etc. Then I went to another room and spoke with the recruiter. If I wasn't an idiot, I would have fallen for this person's sales tactics. She worded all her responses carefully to hide the slaveryness of the position, technical consultant, basically a software engineer who goes onsite to other companies and does consulting/implementing a solution for that company.

Fine, whatever. What ticked me off was that at the end of the behavioral section with her, she told me the next step after the current interview was to set me up for an onsite technical interview that would last a day at one of their offices. Pretty standard stuff.

Days passed and I emailed her asking when the interview would be. She mentioned she has already contacted the office to see when they'd be ready to see me. Apparently that office is extremely busy, she says. She would let me know within a week. A week passes, then two. I waited the extra week to contact the recruiter again because I didn't care to work at this wannabe Accenture, but hey, a trip is a trip. She responds saying she still has not heard back and that she'll ask again when that office will be ready to fly me out and interview me.

The next day, a different recruiter from the one I'd been corresponding with all this time emails me with the copy pasted nonsense "Pursuing other candidates who are a better fit for this role." Clearly they just didn't want to deal with interviewing me. All the low stars for this company you see on this site are real. I felt a vibe from the recruiter during the behavioral when I was asking her questions about work life that a SWE is pretty much treated like a worker bee. I would put money on it that turnover is high. Also, to get up the hierarchy to lead manager engineer or whatever the title is is nigh on 10 years. Like any millennial is going to be staying at any company for more than 2, let alone this joke of a company. I should have listened to the cons. They were pretty much all true. Stay away, this is not a company you would be proud to tell you friends and family you work at. You might as well tell them you work at Subway.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

This was more like a HR one looking more into why, what value addition, goals & objective, strenghths & weakness, tell about yourself, technical & functional proficiency check etc... It was more of a discussion about the position on offer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview

Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Sungard?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied for this job in June. I got a call from them for first interview.
    Not to mention How rude their HR was on the phone , but anyways I decided to go and try my luck.
    I went through the first interview and it was quite easy. Then I got a second interview within a week and it went well as well. After that I had to wait two week to find out that I was not selected.
    People there were grumpy and looked torned out.
    I find this company very unproffessions. Receptions is grumpy and extremelly rude.
    Seriously DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a better place to go.
    There are so many better jobs out there!