SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a business analyst role in Cambridge. The people I met seemed friendly and chatty at first, but the offices were pretty awful for a company turning over several £billion. There was no reception, just buzz to be let in. Then you seemed to walk straight into a kitchen. Very bizzare.

Anyway, the interview lasted around 3 hours, involving several problem solving questions and a presentation. The people who interviewed me seemed to get annoyed rather quickly when I asked further questions. And seemed eager to leave. Decided within the first 10 min that I would turn down any offer as I wouldn't like to work with the people there. Other regional offices may have been better.

Interview process:

1. Problem solving. A probability problem invovling the roling of a die. Roll a 1,2, or 3 you get nothing, roll a 4 or 5 you get £1, roll a 6 you get £2 and another roll. They required you to calculate the expected value of the game.

2. Problem solving. You had 50 min. to solve a problem using their software. You are given a software package that was several years out of date and ask to solve a client problem. Apparenlty there was no "right" answer. They seemed more interesed in the "report" you wrote at the end than your solution to the problem.

3. A presentation. You must give a 10-15 min presentation.

Interview Questions

• Find a solution to a software problem, write an email response to a client.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
    Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 technical round + 1 HR round

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed for Java, J2EE. In depth object oriented concept is mandatory.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Detail oriented interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate vacation.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Online test, telephone interview, two tests(mathematics, programming)

Interview Questions

• Summarize risks of a gambling company   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Had 1 phone interview

Interview Questions

Interview

Submit resume to HR, go through one round of interview usually and the management will then decide. The interview process doesn't last for too long but it took a very long time for them to send out the offer letter which I do not understand since if they really wanted to hire someone immediately, why didn't they just expedite the whole process?

Interview Questions

• Trivia questions are the most unexpected ones as I would put it   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Good Follow-Up

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Simply talked about former experience and value-add I could bring..   Answer Question

Interview

A few interviews are included in this process. First, is a phone interview. Second, is a 1-1 interview. Finally, there's a panel interview. The interview process is both professional and friendly. They really try to have a good understanding of who you are and what you can bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer and how does it differ from this position?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was easy. Every thing was related to my current profile. Asked all the question related to my current profile. Its good to have good knowledge of theoretical as well as practical knowledge about what u write in your resume

Interview Questions

Toom much variable component.