SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The recruiter who contacted me and the hiring manager who interviewed me one on one were both very nice and smart people, but had already formed an opinion of me based on my resume. The entire process focused more on the organization rather than the position and its requirements. I also met with a few representatives of the team who seemed very intelligent, but uninterested in asking me questions about myself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard in October 2007.

Interview

Regular interview, with a written test before the interview, followed by a HR interview .

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Boston, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was a lot longer than it should have been. The first interview was on campus with the manager. Questions were very basic and non-intimidating. Second interview consisted of meeting with various of members of the team - again very basic and non-intimidating. Offer was not formally sent until many weeks of false promises that it would be in the mail soon.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were speaking with an upset client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not stop interviewing at other firms even if a verbal offer is made.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

This was more like a HR one looking more into why, what value addition, goals & objective, strenghths & weakness, tell about yourself, technical & functional proficiency check etc... It was more of a discussion about the position on offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2010.

Interview

This was a position for Intellimatch.The interviewer was a senior employee .

I was quizzed for my knowledge of Exchange traded derivatives and also my awareness of technology as I come from a business background.The interviewer seemed to be a bit rigid in their thinking.
    This was followed by a meeting with a Director.

Interview Questions

Declined as the offer was not upto my expectations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

On c,pus job. Initial 1:1 technical interview. Follwed by group panel interview

Interview Questions

• What is difference between arraylist and linked list   1 Answer
    • Write, efficient code for extracting unique elements from a sorted list of array. e.g. (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9) -> (1, 3,   2 Answers

Negotiation

Be prepred with the technical question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

I first had an online test. It needed abit of preparation but generally would be fine after practicing before taking the test.

After that I had 2 1:1 interviews with 2 employees at the company. The interview was almost mainly fit questions. No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you solved a problem that others could not solve.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2010.

Interview

There was an initial screening consisting of basic java questions and concerning some frameworks such as spring

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is Negotiable. Do Negotiate

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in June 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR and then with hiring manager. Once passed through those there was an in person interview and a presentation. People attended the presentation in person AND online using WebEx so be ready to do an online presentation at the same time you present in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase effectiveness of the consulting approach in this area?   1 Answer
    • How many gas stations are in your state?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very firm about vacation being limited to 3 weeks, and I gave in. Don't. After I was on board I found lots of people had negotiated more vacation. Salary negotiation was okay. Benefits are good, and being able to live multiple places is a real perk

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2008.

Interview

general questions regarding your previous job, then technical test. The test was all about C++, common questions about class, inheirtance, polymorphism, overload, override.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much space to negotiate, they are quite stingy