SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through my university's career office. APT held a mixer before the 1st round on-campus interview for both consultant intern wannabes and software engineer intern wannabes. Final round took place in their DC headquarters, with a lunch panel with former interns and a presentation on APT. Very nice people, very positive experience. The company essentially feels like a startup, and it has huge growth opportunities in overseas markets.

Interview Questions

• 5 min fit + 25 min case question for 1st round; repeat that 4 times for the final round.   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Geneva, IL).

Interview

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions

• Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Ambit Risk Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview

interviewed on campus, 2 rounds of interviews back to back. both interviews include the usual behaviorial questions, asking about previous experience on the resume, and questions on prob and stats. and yes brain teaserd

Interview Questions

• monty hall problem. then asked what if the host does to process twice   Answer Question

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Somerville, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Calabasas, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
      What is your salary history?
      Why have you left previous employers?
      Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about investment accounting?
      What do you know about general accounting?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions

• mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question
    • STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via Naukri.com. I was directly called in for a personal interview. During the interview, I was asked questions based on my resume and some technical questions well. Was given 6 questions, on Excel, to be solved within 30 minutes. the questions were related to Finance.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through consultancy agency, appered for F2F interview there were 20 odd candidates. Some quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc.
    I asked almost all the questions correctly and confidently, interviewer even ran out of questions and was impressed. It was a good 1 hour interview. Interviwer told me that he is done and he will provide the feedback to HR and HR will get in touch with for further process. Till now I am waiting for HR feedback.

When I followed up with consultancy guys then I came to know about my rejection, I was shocked to see such a non professionalism by a reputed firm.
    Despite of such an outstanding performance they rejected me. I don't know why HR didn't even bother to provide feedback. Its ridiculuos.

Anyway, later on I got a better offer from another reputed software product firm with much better pay and lucrative career opportumity than Sungard/FIS. Thanks for your rejection without which I may not have appeared for other interviews and possibly wouldn't have landed up my dream job.

Interview Questions

• quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Applied on their website, had interview with HR and a technical interview. Waiting for their response. Nice office space, good location. Big company so the interview process is slow, but the people are pleasant